Forum Replies Created

Page 1758 of 1940
  • John Rofrano

    June 9, 2009 at 9:44 pm in reply to: Vegas Pro 9.0 64 bit (Vista) and Mercalli?

    > Can the two versions of Vegas peacefully co-exist as they install to different locations, are the .veg files compatible between the two versions,etc…

    Yes, this is actually the only workflow that works. Nothing works with Vegas Pro 64-bit except NewBlueFX, iZotope audio plugins, and sctipts like Ultimate S Pro and Excalibur. I would plan on working with the 32-bit version for now.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 9, 2009 at 9:27 pm in reply to: Pro 9 – Getting Video Off Camera???

    Vegas Pro 9.0 should be able to read your .mts files. I have Sony HDR-CX12 and it reads mine just fine. If your Vegas can’t read .mts files perhaps the installation is corrupt and you should re-install? It is also possible that the Cyberlink software is conflicting with Vegas. This should just work.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 9, 2009 at 8:59 pm in reply to: Issues with AVCHD (Vegas 9.0 64-bit)

    > So you’re saying you can drag and drop a .mts clip into Vegas?

    Yes. AVCHD 1920×1080 .mts files directly from my Sony HDR-SX12 to the Vegas Pro 9.0 & 8.0 timeline. No problems. I’ve even download .mts files from the internet from before I purchased my camera and they work fine too. They were 1440×1080. If your Vegas Pro can’t handle .mts files there may be some other software installed on your PC that is in conflict.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 9, 2009 at 4:46 pm in reply to: Issues with AVCHD (Vegas 9.0 64-bit)

    > Vegas Pro 9 will not accept .mts.

    Sure it will. I have .mts files on my timeline right now. That’s all my Sony SX12 shoots and I have no problems with them. Your installation may be corrupt or you have some other software that is not allowing Vegas to process .mts files correctly.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 9, 2009 at 3:42 pm in reply to: photos in DVD format

    > Should I keep the original resolution of the photo then?

    Yes, if they are only 1500 pixels wide that is fine. You said that you added “movement” to the pictures. How did you do this? Pan/Crop or Track Motion? If Track Motion, that’s the problem. Always use Pan/Crop to maintain the highest picture resolution.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 9, 2009 at 3:36 pm in reply to: Editing a large file.

    > I actually just ordered sony vegas 9 platinum pro pack will that let me do the same thing?

    You mean bought Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Pro Pak? No, Vegas Movie Studio cannot nest projects; only Vegas Pro can.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 9, 2009 at 10:57 am in reply to: Pro 9 – Getting Video Off Camera???

    Ray, forget about the software that came with the camera (it’s junk). Just plug your SR11 into your computer and in Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 use View | Device Explorer and you should have no problems getting you video from your camera.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 9, 2009 at 10:46 am in reply to: pal to ntsc

    > For the conversion to ntsc, Vegas 8 help file tells me to create a new project, then import the veg file. Done. But when setting the ntsc properties defaults, I notice it still stays as Lower Field First…I thought all ntsc was created Upper Field First!!!

    Nope. NTSC DV is also lower field first.

    > I also notice there are two forms of ntsc projects associated to my needs – ntsc dv [720 x 480] and ntsc Standard [720 x 486]. In both instances Lower Field First comes up as the part of the default “package”. Is that right or do I need to change that to Upper Field First. And which on to use – dv or Standard?

    Yes the defaults are correct for DV (lower field first). I would use 720×480 as the resolution.

    > Once I know that info, the help file tells me to render out to avi file. These three programs need to be rendered [at some stage] to dvd ntsc, so why should I go through the avi stage instead of directly to mpeg2? Si there some sort of quality loss by jumping straight into mpeg2?

    I agree, go directly to MPEG2. No need to render to AVI first unless you were rendering for multiple formats and then it’s quicker to have a single file to make all of the other renders from.

    > Before burning I will put them through Architect 5 and I see there is another render template called dvd Architect ntsc Video Stream – why use that instead of good ‘ol dvd ntsc? And if I did use it, what is the procedure to render the audio and how to sync them in Architect?

    Yes use the DVD Architect video stream template and render the audio as Dolby Digital AC-3. Make the filenames the same (just the .mpg and .ac3 extensions will be different) and DVD Architect will know that the video and audio go together.

    Question for you: How are you planning to deal with the fact that PAL has much greater vertical resolution (576 vs 480)? You might want to crop the PAL veg file when it is a nested project to fit 480.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 9, 2009 at 10:45 am in reply to: photos in DVD format

    How big are the photos? If they are 3, 5, 8, 10 megapixel photos then you are asking Vegas to resize these down to less than 1 mega pixel which is what DVD resolution is. You will get much higher quality if you resize the photos with a photo editor like Photoshop before you use them in a video. NTSC DVD is only 720×480. None of your photos should be larger than 2x that (1440×960).

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 8, 2009 at 2:19 pm in reply to: Unexplainable Vegas problem…

    > If I render it and put it back in, blayback is fine, but I want the unrendered footage to preview well.

    What format are you rendering it to?

    > I don’t think the computer is the problem because my HV30 footage previews fine.

    That’s not entirely true. You are comparing two different HD formats (HDV vs AVCHD) that have very different hardware requirements. The Canon HV30 shoots HDV MPEG2 which can play back a lot smoother on moderate computers than the footage from the HF200 which shoots AVCHD MPEG4. Unless you have a new QuadCore computer, don’t expect AVCHD playback to be smooth at all.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

Page 1758 of 1940

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy