Forum Replies Created

Page 1749 of 1940
  • John Rofrano

    June 25, 2009 at 3:39 pm in reply to: Fx Window work box is somewhere off screen

    Hold down Ctrl+Shift as you start Vegas and it will reset all settings and preferences. You will loose any customization you have made to the preferences but it should reset the window positions.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 24, 2009 at 10:57 pm in reply to: Video all choppy and messed up.

    You’re welcome. Huffyuv should have worked unless you are using the 64-bit version of Vegas. If DivX gives you trouble just try another format.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 24, 2009 at 10:53 pm in reply to: Vegas 9, worth upgrading?

    If you are working in HD I’d say it’s definitely worth it. If you are still working in SD you would have to compare the features and see if there is enough there that you could benefit from. I think it’s worth it.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 24, 2009 at 10:51 pm in reply to: Excalibur

    Every once in a while Vegas looses some toolbar script icons. Usually if you exit Vegas and start it again they re-appear.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 24, 2009 at 5:16 pm in reply to: Video all choppy and messed up.

    > Not to seem stupid but I couldn’t find Super(c).

    If you Google “super(c)” it’s the first hit. Of course, once you get to the web site it’s almost impossible to find. The link is actually way at the bottom of this page.

    > And when I do do I open the video in that with Lagarith then save it and then open that video in vegas?

    Yes, but it’s not very easy to use. I just downloaded the latest version of Super(c) and I don’t the Lagarith codec listed even though I have it installed. I do see Huffyuv so maybe that’s a better choice. Anyway you download and install both Super(c) and Lagarith or Huffyuv. Then you open Super(c) and set the Output Container to AVI and the Output Video Codec to huffYUV (Lossless) and the Output Audio Codec to WAV-(pcm 16 little-endian). Then select the video size of your video and drop the video into Super(c) and tell it to encode.

    There may be other free encoders that are easier to use but there are a lot of junk ones out there too. The bottom line is that you do all of this outside of Vegas and then bring the output file into Vegas for editing.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 24, 2009 at 1:58 pm in reply to: Pan/crop whole track

    You’re welcome. 😉

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 24, 2009 at 1:56 pm in reply to: crashing

    > I am trying to edit AVCHD that has gone through Caliberated {Q}XD so that I can edit it in vegas.

    Why are you putting your AVCHD footage through Caliberated {Q}XD? Vegas edits most AVCHD natively. Just drop it on the timeline. Using Caliberated {Q}XD on your footage is most likely the problem. What camera did this footage come from?

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 24, 2009 at 1:51 pm in reply to: Trying to burn blu ray disc image to dvd

    > I am in Australia using PAL so I have put it at 50i. should i change it to 60i?

    No, that was my point… don’t change the frame rate. Keep it at 50i. Did you render to 50i as well? If you did, I don’t know what could be the problem.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 24, 2009 at 1:47 pm in reply to: Pro Type Titler: no edit window?

    It could be popping up off screen? Is it possible you dragged it off screen at one point? The only thing I can think of is to reset Vegas but that will loose any customizations you have done in the preferences. You do this by holding down Ctrl+Shift while you start Vegas. It should reset Vegas back to the settings of the first time you installed it.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 24, 2009 at 4:43 am in reply to: Video all choppy and messed up.

    > I downloaded it off youtube

    Yup. Vegas doesn’t do well with video from YouTube. What you’ll need to do is use another program to convert the video into something that Vegas can edit. Look for free tool called Super(c) and a free codec called Huffyuv or Lagarith and together they can produce a video that Vegas can edit.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

Page 1749 of 1940

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy