Forum Replies Created

Page 293 of 413
  • John Pale

    February 5, 2009 at 6:52 am in reply to: Moving Audio in FCP Timeline

    You can find the info you need on page 308 of FCP Help (go to the help menu).

    It explains it better than I can…step by step.

  • John Pale

    February 5, 2009 at 4:37 am in reply to: HD clips dragged into timeline show up as unrendered

    Oh yes….it sounds crazy, but try turning off your Realtime Scopes, if you have them turned on. Your system may not be fast enough to get realtime playback with the scopes set to RT.

    What are your system specs, btw? Drives and computer.

  • Good to know. My experience (other than FCP) is with Avid, and they are 10 years behind the curve from FCP on this stuff.

    Feature request time.

  • [David Roth Weiss] “John, No other NLE on the planet works that way…

    I think that might be considered a rationalization…

    Rationalization: Finding ‘good reason’ for things that we really know are wrong.
    “

    What other NLE can retain the alpha at all. Avid can’t retain the alpha from a timeline export to Quicktime at all. Don’t know about Premiere?

  • John Pale

    February 4, 2009 at 8:36 pm in reply to: Raid and Time Machine

    I use Time Machine for my system drive. I don’t think I would trust it for my media drives. It’s more meant for general consumer use. It’s also not very customizable.

  • [daniel rucci] “Then I did the same thing but RENDERED it in the timeline first and when i did that flash wouldn’t read the alpha for some reason. Very strange. So naturally curious I took two segments of video in the timeline, rendered one, left the other unrendered and exported them as one movie… lo and behold the part that was UNrendered in the timeline was alpha’d in flash, and the part I RENDERED snapped to a black box around the person, in the same clip.

    Very strange. Anyone have any explanations?
    “

    It actually makes perfect sense, if you think about what a render file is. If you look at an FCP render file, it is a COMPOSITE of all the video layers into one file. This, of course would eliminate the alpha channel, as the background is part of the composite.

  • John Pale

    February 4, 2009 at 5:31 pm in reply to: HD clips dragged into timeline show up as unrendered

    Use an Easy Setup that matches the format of your footage.

    If you don’t know what that is, look in the browser.

  • John Pale

    February 4, 2009 at 12:15 am in reply to: converting from 23.98 to 29.97 within FCP

    If you have a Kona or Decklink card, output to tape with pulldown and re-ingest.

    If not, use Compressor to convert to 29.97, or the Add Pulldown plugin from Graeme Nattress (www.nattress.com).

  • John Pale

    February 4, 2009 at 12:13 am in reply to: FCP VERY slow opening existing projects?

    I dont know why the sudden change, but I have found projects with lots of Motion files in them take forever to open.

  • John Pale

    February 3, 2009 at 11:22 pm in reply to: FCP VERY slow opening existing projects?

    Do you have lots of Motion projects? I have found this slows things to a crawl

Page 293 of 413

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy