Forum Replies Created

Page 168 of 413
  • John Pale

    June 22, 2011 at 8:15 pm in reply to: Codecs the white magic

    You need to convert to ProRes. Most of the Avid codecs won’t play through a Decklink or Kona.

  • John Pale

    June 22, 2011 at 12:43 pm in reply to: One Sequence Per Project?

    [george manzanilla] “Maybe I’m missing something, but i never heard of this being on any editors FCP wish list. Organizing sequences in projects makes sense to a lot of people. I like being able to organize my bins however i want to… “

    If I asked my customers what they wanted they would have said a faster horse—

    Henry Ford (?)

  • John Pale

    June 22, 2011 at 5:48 am in reply to: One Sequence Per Project?

    There are no sequences. Only projects. You are not crazy….just thinking this works like other NLE’s…it doesn’t.

    Read this…it explains the new paradigm better than I ever could…

    https://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/fcp_x_first_look_martin.html

  • John Pale

    June 22, 2011 at 4:11 am in reply to: It’s business… not personal

    [Mark Raudonis] “PS. We all know what Michael did!!!”

    Hmmm. The question is…who is Michael Corleone? If Michael is Steve Jobs, then the heads of Adobe and Avid might be sweating…

    My final offer is: nothing. No multicam. No XML. No Plug ins. And I would appreciate it if you downloaded each and every copy with your personal Apple ID.

  • John Pale

    June 22, 2011 at 2:20 am in reply to: Rename David’s tutorial?

    ***we have a winner

  • John Pale

    June 22, 2011 at 1:44 am in reply to: when will FCS3 be “pulled off the shelves”

    Well Bob,

    Its been pulled off the Apple online store. I would guess resellers are not going to be getting new stock of FCS3.

    Maybe its time for a new business….want to partner with me on some pizza ovens?

  • John Pale

    June 22, 2011 at 1:39 am in reply to: Steve Martin’s first look

    Thats really a great piece…

    Its too bad the way the rollout of this product has been handled by Apple. They should have waited until key “pro” features were implemented, and had a very public beta with large groups of real editors who work on different types of programs. They needed much more feedback from users…and users needed to know more about the thinking behind this new product. Its really fundamentally different. Unfortunately, thats not how Apple rolls…they only do top secret.

    After reading this article, I see much to be excited about. There is some real revolutionary thinking in FCP X. They were really brave about throwing the book away on established NLE workflow. In many ways FCP (7 and under) and Premiere Pro are based on the “established” Avid way of doing things. FCP X, for better or for worse, is inventing an entirely new way to think about and interact with an NLE. I’m really intrigued by a lot of it.

    Sadly, Apple has burned a lot of bridges with this release and I doubt many here will put the time into learning the new paradigm….we’ll all just jump ship to Adobe or Avid…because it works and its familiar. Myself included, possibly. But if I do jump ship, I will always wonder what could have been…

  • John Pale

    June 21, 2011 at 11:29 pm in reply to: one more kick in the groin.

    Not that you really wanted to know….but after skimming the user manual, it appears you have to learn a new way to do this type of editing.

    https://help.apple.com/finalcutpro/mac/10.0/#verc147f195

    Apparently you can make edits without ending up in ripple hell… apparently you have to first learn how to use storylines.

    I’d give you more info, but I am doing real editing work in FCP 7 (waiting for a render to finish).

  • John Pale

    June 19, 2011 at 2:58 pm in reply to: Compressor just stops
  • John Pale

    June 19, 2011 at 3:39 am in reply to: Flying rectangle effect

    You might want to take a look at Motion. You can make particle system out of any image…why not rectangles?

Page 168 of 413

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy