Forum Replies Created

Page 336 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    November 8, 2010 at 4:06 pm in reply to: Particle drop with multiple custom particles

    Couple of ways to do this in Particular.

    If the particle is a still, put all 26 particles in a precomp, make their duration 1 frame and sequence them with no overlap. Change the precomp to 26 frames long. In your main comp under particle choose sprite or textured polygon(polygon has more options, but it depends what you need to do) and choose your precomp as the texture. Change the time sampling to Random – Still Frame.

    If you are working with 26 animations, you would need to precomp them also and sequence. But instead of “Random – Still Frame” you would chose “Split Clip – ?(depends on your animations) and change the Number of clips to 26.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor

  • John Cuevas

    November 4, 2010 at 8:17 pm in reply to: multi-page PDF to AE

    Wish it could do that. I find the best way to work with PDF’s is to bring them into illustrator or photoshop and save each page as a tif. You’ll have an alpha and should be good to go.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor

  • John Cuevas

    November 2, 2010 at 1:21 am in reply to: 2cubes?!

    the 2 cubes indicate that you have enabled per character 3d animation to text.

    More info: https://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103906c6dea-7e3ea.html

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor

  • John Cuevas

    November 1, 2010 at 9:05 pm in reply to: Cntl + M not working

    Found the shortcuts file, deleted it. It rebuilt but still doesn’t work. I actually found the MakeMovie in the file, but for some reason, nada.

    More and more I’m convinced some update/application is overriding “cntl+m”. Though I’m not sure why it just started happening.

    Oh well, wait for the IT guy to show up for his monthly maintenance, and if that doesn’t work, I’ll reinstall the app.

    Thanks for all the suggestions.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor

  • John Cuevas

    November 1, 2010 at 7:51 pm in reply to: Cntl + M not working

    Nope, that didn’t work either. Just swapped out keyboards on the crazy chance that “cntl” works, “m” works, but they didn’t work together for some reason.

    If I used the composition pulldown and hit select the Make Move, that works….just the short cut isn’t working.

    Think I have to wait for my IT guy to come in and check to see if some process is running in the background that I’m not seeing that has disabled this, though I can’t imagine what that would be since nothing has changed on this computer.

    If anyone has any other suggestions, I’d be glad to try them.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor

  • John Cuevas

    November 1, 2010 at 7:28 pm in reply to: Cntl + M not working

    I haven’t installed anything and don’t believe that any update took place on Friday when it stopped working. Nothing happens when I press “cntl+m”, not in AE, Windows or seemingly any program.

    Aside from deleting my prefs, I’ve opened my current project on another machine, and “cntl-m” added the composition to the render queue. So it’s not the project either. I’m completely befuddled by this.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor

  • John Cuevas

    October 30, 2010 at 3:08 pm in reply to: How to remove leaf/shadow from shot

    Is the shot moving? Can you post a clip of a few seconds before and after, would really help?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor

  • John Cuevas

    October 29, 2010 at 1:42 pm in reply to: how do i set hundreds of layers in 3D space

    Check out this multiplane script: https://aescripts.com/pt_multiplane/

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor

  • John Cuevas

    October 28, 2010 at 11:09 pm in reply to: smoke from a chimney

    Played with this some more using particle playground(comes with AE) with these results(I can’t get it to play in this post, but if you click the chimney smoke link it plays):

    Chimmney Smoke

    Here are the settings, can’t see it, but I used wiggle on the particles per second “wiggle(4,40)—Main Comp:
    particles.jpg

    Wind Controller: windcontroller.jpg

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor

  • John Cuevas

    October 28, 2010 at 2:04 pm in reply to: smoke from a chimney

    Try using particle playground and some layer maps, they can affect position.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Page 336 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy