Forum Replies Created

Page 213 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    March 1, 2013 at 12:39 pm in reply to: Working with multiple compositions in CS6

    Couple of things that might help you. First go to Edit > General > “Synchronize Time of All Related Items”. When you double click the precomp, it will open at where the CTI is in the main comp. And if you move you will move the CTI in the main comp.

    As far as opening multiple tabs. You need to just open your main comp, double click a precomp and open it. Now grab the tab and dock it somewhere else. You can do this with all three comps.

    Also you can open multiple comp viewers using the tab below your main comp viewer. In your case I would use 2 or 4, and lock each one to a specific comp.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 1, 2013 at 2:19 am in reply to: How can i get the following effect? Opacity effect

    Always happy to help out.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 28, 2013 at 7:08 pm in reply to: high-usage inscription in advertisements, how to make?

    As you can see by Vishesh example in AE, there are a lot of different ways to approach any problem. I’m glad we were able to help you out, if you have any more questions, I’m always happy to help out if I can.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 28, 2013 at 5:50 pm in reply to: How can i get the following effect? Opacity effect

    You can create an effect like by getting an image of the moon and using it as a Luma Matte. I made an example project where I created a comp(Luma Moon), grabbed a shot of the moon, added some levels effects to pump up the contrast and animated it’s position. Once for a large shot once for the smaller one(there are 2 in that video, though the larger one might be some cloud footage).

    Create your main comp and place your video(MAP) on the bottom layer. Add a black solid over it. This is the part of the video that fades out. Duplicate your Map. Drop in the Luma Moon layer and change the Map layers Track Matte to Luma matte. Now adjust the opacity of the black solid and you should be there.

    Take a look at my example project, it should give you a good starting point and if you have any questions, ask.

    5549_lumamattefolder.zip

    ETA: what Stephen said….

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 28, 2013 at 2:02 am in reply to: high-usage inscription in advertisements, how to make?

    I made an example project and you can take a look at that.

    For the line, I just created a solid(“Stroke”) and used the pen tool to make a straight line and added the Generate > Stroke effect and keyframed the “end”.

    To make the ball at the end of the line, I created a black solid, changed it’s transfer mode to “Add” and added the Generate > Lens Flare effect. I copied the mask path from “Stroke” and pasted that data on to the Flare Center. I then matched up the keyframes so that it would move with the stroke. Lastly I animated the Flare brightness.

    For the text, I had to do this with 2 layers. For the first layer, I just did all the text except for the “]”. I used the preset Animate In > Fade Up Characters. Then I made a text layer of just the “]” and keyframed the opacity and position so it looked like it was racing ahead of the text that was fading up.

    To match your example, I would precompose everything. Camera track the video, create a null point and parent my text precomp to that null.

    Here’s my example project, hope it gives you a good starting point: 5545_stroke.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 27, 2013 at 5:03 pm in reply to: high-usage inscription in advertisements, how to make?

    Couple of techniques are used to create that effect. Graphically it’s not hard, one of the type-presets + a stroke to create the line + Glow.

    The other thing is using the 3D camera tracker. Here’s a pretty good tutorial showing how to use the 3D tracker:
    3D Camera Tracker Basics – After Effects CS6

    If you want to pay for a subscription this one looks like it would explain what you want to do also: D Object Tracking in After Effects CS6 – Tuts+ Premium

    After Effects CS6 3D Camera Tracker

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 27, 2013 at 3:04 pm in reply to: Need To Recreate this Flashing Effect

    Always happy to help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 26, 2013 at 8:58 pm in reply to: Problemas con la calidad al pre componer

    You will get more results if you post in English.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 26, 2013 at 7:53 pm in reply to: Lock Scale within an expression

    By wiggle generates values for both X and Y, that’s why you are getting the “array piece can’t expand to more than one value” error…IE, in your expression when you say wiggle, it’s comes up [2,7] which you are defining as X. You are then trying to make a scale paramter of that is this [2,7, 2,7].

    So you need to tell AE, to just use one of the parameters, in your case, the first one. Here’s how it should look:

    x = ease(time,wiggle(.5,2.7),wiggle(.5,2.7))[0];
    [x,x]

    The [0] tells AE to use the first value produced by the wiggle(AE starts with 0 as the first index number). You could use [1] to get the second or if you had a Z space [2].

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 26, 2013 at 1:07 pm in reply to: Need To Recreate this Flashing Effect

    This is one of those effects that you can create so many different ways. Method I think works pretty well is to place an adjustment layer over the video you want to effect and add a levels effect to it. Set a default start and end keyframe 4 frames apart, Now move between those keyframes and lower your “white input levels” and “gamma”. Trim your adjustment layer’s start and end points, so you can easily duplicate the effect.

    I’ve uploaded an example project and in it I also played with a few different transfer modes—doing that will give you slightly different feels. If you have any more questions, ask.

    5534_lightingeffectfolder.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 213 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy