Forum Replies Created

Page 211 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    March 7, 2013 at 4:14 pm in reply to: how do you overlay a Logo to reveal a video

    In that particular case the Logo actually has holes in it, along with an alpha channel. If you have a logo with an alpha channel this is pretty easy(and if you don’t you will need to create one). You would place your video on the bottom layer and the logo on the top. Animate the logo’s scale and anchor point by placing keyframes for the end position first by just clicking the stop watch. Move to where the logo should start coming in and Crank the scale up to 3000%. Now adjust the anchor point a little so that the video will be full screen at the start. Now just change the “TrkMat” of your video layer to be “alpha matte”.

    I made an example project demonstrating the technique: 5604_logorevealfolder.zip

    Since you are just getting started, I would strongly suggest you check out Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, & CS6)—there are links to some really good basic tutorials that will help you learn the fundamentals of AE.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 7, 2013 at 12:35 pm in reply to: Mettle Products for After Effects – Demo Reel

    Very cool, love the Superman.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 6, 2013 at 2:52 pm in reply to: Multiple lines on stroked path.

    You need to look into using shape layers and repeaters. In conjuction with color map below you could probably make that 70’s disco look. Also you can change text layers into shape layers if you need the text to be repeated.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 6, 2013 at 2:38 pm in reply to: Full Explanation of Effects & Presets

    Glad I could help

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 5, 2013 at 3:51 pm in reply to: Text style copy paste or save then apply?

    The script pt-TextEdit will cover some of the functions you need. Color, size, stroke.

    For some of the others like shadow, I would create a master text layer add the the shadow effect- and then on my child layers have the shadow effect controlled by the master via expressions. You could also add a line spacing animator on your master text layer and use and expression on the child layers to change the leading also, same with tracking.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 5, 2013 at 1:06 pm in reply to: Objects orbiting around an invisible point?

    Exactly what’s not working with parenting the pictures to a null? Is it seeing the “back” of the pictures? If that’s the case, you can parent to the null like usual and rotate the null. Then open up the rotational properties of your picture and set an expression on the y rotation, enter a negative sign(-) and pickwhip to the null’s y rotation. That will keep your pictures facing camera.

    The expression should look like this: -thisComp.layer(“Null 1”).transform.yRotation

    Here’s a little sample project. 5586_rotationaroundnullfolder.zip

    If thats not the issue, let us know and we’ll try to work it out from there.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 4, 2013 at 5:28 pm in reply to: “Story of Stuff” type line wiggle

    Some ideas for the technique are discussed in this thread:The sketchy jittering look

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 3, 2013 at 2:09 am in reply to: Using a vector shape layer to reveal another layer

    Sometimes it just takes a different, perspective, but glad to help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 2, 2013 at 6:15 pm in reply to: advanced 3d time freeze.

    They probably used a Bullet Time Camera Rig and then composited the multiple shots together in post.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 2, 2013 at 5:40 pm in reply to: Using a vector shape layer to reveal another layer

    I think a simpler way would be to parent a large solid to your vector shape and use that as an alpha matte for your text. I made a real simple project that should give you some ideas on how to do this.

    I’m sure there are ways to control a mask with the position properties of another layer, but I think my way will achieve the same result and if you make changes to your vector position/timing, your text layer will update accordingly.

    5566_textrevealcs5.5.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 211 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy