Forum Replies Created

Page 108 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    April 18, 2014 at 5:46 pm in reply to: Drifting/Falling Feather Effects (2D)

    I would select your keyframes—say position, open the graph editor and manually adjust the incoming and outgoing velocity to smooth out the animation. The graph editor can be accessed by by pushing the last symbol above your layer names in the timeline panel. Then do the same for rotation.

    You could also play with the Ease and Wizz script. That uses expressions to smooth out keyframe movement.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 18, 2014 at 5:37 pm in reply to: How has this been done?

    Just motion tracking the object and adding an infographic, can be completely done in AE, here’s a tutorial to help you get started. And if you have any specific questions afterwards, feel free to ask:

    Motion Tracking Text in After Effects

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 17, 2014 at 2:40 pm in reply to: Sliding grid effect plug-in?

    Joeseph, you’ve just saved me hours of time in the future. Thank you.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 17, 2014 at 2:10 pm in reply to: AE to Avid import issue

    What are your AE Comp settings & Render Settings(including codec)? Have you opened the rendered file you created, before importing to make sure that the lower third is at the bottom of the screen. Finally what are your Avid import settings, particularly the “Image Size Adjustment” setting?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 17, 2014 at 1:24 pm in reply to: Sliding grid effect plug-in?

    No plugin does that, it sure would be nice though. I’ve done that look quite a bit, and it’s just a matter of picking my shots, creating a rough story board and effective use of mattes and parenting.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 15, 2014 at 6:53 pm in reply to: How to bring multiple AE CS5 projects into one

    Sure, start a new comp, use the import dialogue, but instead of selecting assets, select the other projects. You may end up with multiple assets, so you can try(it doesn’t always get everything)—File > Consolidate all footage.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 15, 2014 at 2:18 pm in reply to: number counting expression

    You can use this expression, courtesy of Dan Ebberts:

    startValue = 0;
    endValue = 120000000;
    dur = 23; //seconds

    s = "" + Math.round(linear(time,0,dur,startValue,endValue));
    if (s.length > 6)
    s.substr(0,s.length-6) + "," + s.substr(-6,3) + "," + s.substr(-3,3)
    else if (s.length > 3)
    s.substr(0,s.length-3) + "," + s.substr(-3,3)
    else
    s

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 15, 2014 at 2:09 pm in reply to: Illustrator Paths Keep importing as a Mask?

    In a comp, go to Layer > New > Shape Layer. Twirl the new shape open and add a “Path”, twirl open the “Path 1”, and click on the word “Path” so it’s highlighted, now paste your path from illustrator.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 14, 2014 at 10:02 pm in reply to: Rainy Window Effect

    I’d suggest two things. First check out this series of tutorials: Weather Replacement.. He does a real nice job of creating raindrops falling/distorting the lens.

    To make it look like they are running down lens, check out CC Glue Gun. Make a copy of your layer/video, and apply Generate CC Glue Gun to the top layer. Experiment with Brush Position, Stroke Width, Style, Time Span(if you want the water to run trail to follow the head). Pretty easy to get running water drops with it.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 14, 2014 at 2:52 pm in reply to: Changing the colour of a moving object quickly

    One way or another you have to isolate the pencil, either though rotoscope or some kind of channel isolation. You might want to try putting a rough junk matte around the pencil, then trying a change to color effect.

    If you have time, post a screen grab of your video, as it might spark some different ideas/experiments people might try to isolate it.

    Direction I would go in would be to tell the client, “We can do this, it will cost X amount of dollars per hour and it will roughly be this many hours, how would you like to proceed on the pencil color change?”

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 108 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy