Forum Replies Created

Page 145 of 255
  • Jeff Pulera

    April 4, 2013 at 3:21 pm in reply to: Customised cropping!

    Hi Fraser,

    I’d never actually tried this myself, but saw it discussed recently online, so I just tried it and it worked!

    In Adobe Media Encoder, choose the SOURCE tab at top left, and then click the crop tool icon also at upper left, then click and drag on preview image to crop. While doing this, it will superimpose the dimensions of the cropped area. You will want to come up with X and Y numbers that are divisible by 8 for best results, since encoders work in blocks that size.

    In the actual Export settings, manually set the frame size to match the cropped area size. I used H.264 for the format.

    Thanks

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Jeff Pulera

    April 4, 2013 at 2:43 pm in reply to: Customised cropping!

    Try cropping in AME, I believe this workflow will do what you desire

    Thanks

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Jeff Pulera

    April 4, 2013 at 1:46 pm in reply to: codec confusion – new PP user

    Hi Adam,

    You could try AVID DNxHD, which would provide quality and bitrates similar to ProRes.

    Thanks

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Jeff Pulera

    April 4, 2013 at 1:44 pm in reply to: Wind

    I’m not an expert in wind removal, but I did have an outdoor wedding plagued by wind noise and in Adobe Audition, I applied a multi-band equalizer and then while playing the audio, I moved the sliders one at a time until I found the frequency that greatly reduced the wind noise. Actually worked pretty well without much change to vocals.

    Thanks

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Bruce,

    I’m not doing a lot of video production at the moment, so the downscaling sees limited use. Not sure what exact script version you got, so can’t say if it’s been changed…you could email privately to compare notes.

    Sure loving the HC Encoder. Just did a 3-hour church service and it came out fantastic on a single-layer DVD (from DV camera, so no scaling)!!

    Thanks

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Jeff Pulera

    April 2, 2013 at 7:44 pm in reply to: metadata for “date created missing”

    Hi Richard,

    Not sure if this has anything to do with your issue, but look under Edit > Preferences > Media

    There is a checkbox for “Write XMP data on Import” and most folks like to turn that OFF, could be changing the date on you. Anyway, not a good idea to modify any of that and not sure why ON is the default.

    Thanks

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Hi Bruce,

    Not a big fan of nesting, but here’s how it works. Say you have some clips cut up on the timeline, then you decide that you want all of them black and white, or all of them shrunk down as a PIP…or both!

    Create a New Sequence, then in the Project Bin, find the first sequence and drag into the new sequence. Shows up as a single “clip”, but represents everything in the first sequence. So now you can add any effect, scaling, whatever, to the one clip and it affects it all at once.

    So yes, this would work to crop the image after rotating, as described earlier.

    I normally work with an intermediate codec and would just render out that section as a new clip, but of course if you are working with an hour or two of footage for your stage event, then probably not the best idea! Personally, I’d be happy with rotating and then scaling 2% or whatever is needed rather than having a black border – if this is a two-camera event, the border will be a distraction when switching since it will pop in and out.

    I do hear horror stories of nested clips inside nested clips not exporting as expected and such. Not for me, don’t need the aggravation 😉

    Thanks

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Hi Bruce,

    One of the things I really like about editing 1080 footage is the fact that I can zoom in and re-frame a bit without noticeable quality loss, compared to doing it SD. I think sometimes we as videographers are overly critical of quality. I know I am!! As you are going SD in the end, perhaps you could get by with some fixing in the HD sequence and the viewer will never be the wiser. Your call though 😉

    Thanks

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Hi Bruce,

    What is the source footage format, and how will video be delivered?

    If you shot 1080 for instance, but are not actually delivering in 1080, you could work in a smaller frame and then you’d have all kinds of extra resolution to play with, for instance edit in 720p and then scale away!

    Thanks

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Jeff Pulera

    April 2, 2013 at 2:35 pm in reply to: Tilt frame so video looks even and straight??

    Hi Paul,

    You can simply click on any of the numbers that are yellow and manually enter a value with keyboard, more precise than using a slider with mouse.

    So try 1, 2, 3 until it looks right. Sometimes “level” is in between, and that’s ok – you can enter “1.5” for instance.

    That said, there is some weird distortion in that image – the bride looks almost vertical to me, while the door frames are wildly skewed. Wide angle lens used that is exaggerating the issue perhaps?

    You may need to try Joseph’s suggestion and warp the image into shape!

    Thanks

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

Page 145 of 255

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy