Forum Replies Created
-
Gary Adcock
February 17, 2010 at 2:29 pm in reply to: Aja 7.5 Peculiarity – Control Panel Reverts to Defaults[Harrison Holmes] “Furthermore, I reinstalled v 7.0 and it now behaves just as 7.1 & 7.5! Frustrating! “
unless you re-flashed the firmware (if possible) – that would be expected.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/24640
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Alex Desrial] “At first i try with component down convert out put, while we have HD SDI input , and i found Kipro only provide the color bars.”
Alex,
this is the default for every device I can think of in the video world.Cameras and decks use B&T for monitor and device calibration. On cameras you turn it on then turn it off, I do not know of a camera that auto-exits B&T when you hit record or you would never get that onto that signal to tape.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/24640
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Jonathan Capra] “Looking for an initial direction in which to begin my troubleshooting. Any hints are appreciated. “
Whats different between the working machines and the non- working one.
what was the last update?
What new codecs have you updated?What else is the computer used for?
are all of the software and hardware versions the same?
are you sure? (check – do not assume)gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/24640
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Aaron Pulicano] ” uncompressed 10bit 1080p is about 497mb/s.
My raid array is 561mb/s write and 616mb/s read. So there should be no problems. “10% head room on write speeds ??? what makes you think that is enough?
I give up.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/24640
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Bryan Gaynor] “I’m importing through FCP log & transfer- 2816×2304 ProRes422(HQ) “
FCP does not understand conventional Anamorphic functionality.
but first – that frame size is technically beyond the current max size for ProRes (max is 2048×1566 {2K ana}) within FCP.
I agree with Michael, use the RED tools to properly conform to the 1920×1080 or 2K frame that you will deliver (FYI HBO wants SR not HDCam)
For the record Hawk makes both 2x and 1.3 anamorphics ( the 1.3 records 2:35when using 16×9 sensor area capture and 16×9 when using a square sensor area to capture) hence the question.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/24640
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Bryan Gaynor] “please help! thanks.”
since you give no explanation of how you are working, even I cannot be much help.
how are you importing the footage, FCP does not understand anamorphic very well, what is your output?
which anamorphic lenses hawk or primo’s AND are you sure you shot 2:35?
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/24640
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Aaron Pulicano] ” It does not mention anything about if those settings differ when using 10bit captures though. Speaking of 10bit capture, 10bit capture is supported for ALL resolutions (up to 1080p/60) over HDMI input, correct? “
that would depend on the device.
The IoHD only supports the HDMI 1.1 spec so it is only 8bit, the LHI and IoExpress support the 1.3a HDMI spec that allows for 10bit capture.
DO not work in full range unless you understand what you are doing.
As for 1080 60p – you need a hell of a lot to handle in post since signal that is over 300 MBs a second for 10bit UC and only a very few cameras are capable of creating that content.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/24640
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Bruce Greene] “I’m not quite the nincompoop you think I am:) “
I have never thought you were my friend, please no offense was intended.
“Yours truly, Amateur editor:) “
hence the reason for my comment, your shooting camera knowledge has never been the question, but I remember our first discussions on you trepidation about having to editing your own content to stay competitive on some projects.
“The speed changed clips don’t use any in-camera audio, just music and effects. “
“Would it fix the problem to render out all the off speed clips to new qt files and replace them in the timeline? I guess we’ll have to do that anyway before sending to Apple Color.”Even though you are not using original audio you have some how linked them in FCP , so that when processed, Media manager is doing the same thing as your camera does with offspeed.
YES – Pre-Render and output the speed changes as new Qt files will solve all of the current issues and allow Color to also handle the same files without issue.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/24640
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Bruce Greene] “I, or should I say, the director editor, has been having a similar problem media managing a movie captured with the I/O HD. “
No that would be the Media manager- not the file/device structure as defined in the header when written by the KiPro to disk.
Your computer would write a different header to the file it records.
[Bruce Greene] “Any clips with speed changes get all screwed up and the audio levels get all screwed up.”
Com’on bruce how many years have you and I worked with Varicams???
your camera does not capture audio offspeed never has, Audio is captured at the base rate you are shooting – so you do the same thing, you need to separate the audio from video when doing speed changes -especially in fcp.
That levels bug with speed changes was fixed in 7.0 from what I understand.- are you current with your software?gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/24640
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Jeremy Garchow] “Id’ try to set your FCP output to audio follows video, if that doesn’t work, then uninstall and reinstall your drivers. “
AND make sure to run the firmware updater- almost every audio issue I have found relates to not having the Firmware current for the software.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/24640
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php