Forum Replies Created

Page 176 of 245
  • Floh Peters

    September 15, 2006 at 3:58 pm in reply to: SATA drives for M100 HDe

    [Greg] “I really could use more suggestions. Also, I bought the Sonnet tempo 4×4 for my mac G4 will this work in a G5 Quad? Is there a PCI X versus PCI E difference? “

    G4s and First Gen G5s use PCI-X, Quads and DualCore G5s use PCI Express. These are completely different architectures, and not exchangeable. PCI-X won

  • Floh Peters

    September 15, 2006 at 12:44 pm in reply to: Maui Test
  • Floh Peters

    September 15, 2006 at 12:42 pm in reply to: OT Virus Attack

    There are more or less ZERO viruses out in the wild that can affect Mac systems, so you should be pretty safe that nothing is going to happen on your system. Of course you should not download files/applications from unknown sources and run them, and even worse give them your username and password, if you are not sure that the application is from a legitimate source (e.g. not a good idea to download software from warez sites).
    The virus you are seeing is a word macrovirus. It does nothing at all on a Macintosh system; it only has an effect for Office/Word Windows versions. The only thing is that if you get a word document with that virus, you modify it, and send it to somebody on a PC he could get infected. But this means that your initial word document already had this macro virus, it cannot get into your document on its own on a Mac.

  • So you have left the BitVice settings (Quality sliders) at their defaults? Especially the “Aiming for” one?
    Then you really need to convert your audio to AC3. If you have a stereo source file, put it into Compressor and use the “Dolby 2.0” setting from the “Audio” menu or one of the “Dolby 2.0” settings from the DVD menus. Should be no difference.

  • Floh Peters

    September 13, 2006 at 9:30 pm in reply to: buying a new mac

    [Greg] ” I want to buy a G5 Quad, but the Apple Store is not selling these anymore. They do have refurbished ones. has anyone bought a refurbished Mac?”
    Wow, that was quick. I expected them to keep these available for longer. The refurbished seem to be a good deal, though. As far as I know they come with the full Apple warranty, so no reason not to buy them.

    [Greg] “Lastly, I plan on having a dual boot system. The Mac comes with a 250 GB internal SATA. Where can I buy a second one that will fit inside the G5?”
    Any standard (3,5″) SATA drive will fit into your G5. All screws are included in the G5 chassis, and it is extremely easy to install. Just get one at your local PC discounter or from any online reseller.

  • Jerome,

    DVDSP is a complex program, so I have to guess around a little bit. Does the DVD work in DVDSPs simulator? If yes, then probably there was a problem while burning. If the DVD does not work in the simulator you probably have not set the “First Play” action for the DVD.
    For testing reasons you should encode a short piece with the BitVice standard quality settings (but with StudioRGB turned on), and bring that into DVDSP.
    Your data rate problems are probably coming from the audio that you did add to the video. You should encode the audio to e.g. AC3 with Compressor.

  • Floh Peters

    September 11, 2006 at 7:51 pm in reply to: Files from 8.2.3a into v11.00

    [tankboy] “Anyway I’ve got a new G5 machine coming loaded with M100 V11 but I’ve started work on a project on my existing G4 machine in V8.2.3a. I want to finish the project on the new machine if possible. Will I be able to open V8.2.3a project files, access bins, program lines etc in V11? “

    Did you buy sw as Jim thinks or a full system with hardware? If you have one with hardware there is no reason not to finish the projects on the new machine. But definitely make sure that you have backups of your bins and timelines somewhere.

  • Floh Peters

    September 9, 2006 at 10:42 am in reply to: Upgrade from 8.2.2 to 8.2.3a

    [Mark Farnsworth] “I’d like to upgrade from 8.2.2 to Media 100 i Version 8.2.3a. However, I have projects I’m currently working with. Will I risk losing anything if I perform this “full install”?”

    While I never would recommend doing any upgrade with a heavy deadline approaching the V8.2.2 to V8.2.3a update should be no problem at all. If you have some spare time to test it before working with clients on it there is not much that can go wrong. And downgrading to V8.2.2 in case anything is wrong is easy also.

  • Floh Peters

    September 8, 2006 at 12:53 pm in reply to: Explanation of M100 HD OFFLINE Resolutions?

    [Bobby MV] “if we have multiple HD codecs in the timeline, say DVCPROHD, MJPEG and uncompressed, what gets sent to after effects if you do a export to after effects function? this really applies to the DVCPROHD… obviously if you digitize through the HDX/AJA hardware m100 will conform the pixel aspet ratio. but if you were to use FCP digged material and quick imported to m100, then what? still rectangular, or conformed when “updating media file”? maybe i just shouldnt worry about it. “

    Simply don

  • The best way to do this is to export from Media 100 “By Reference”, then use BitVice to encode to MPEG2 and use the resulting MPEG2 as your source video in DVDSP. BitVice can deal correctly with Media 100s RGB colorspace, it has a function called “StudioRGB” to compensate the RGB range difference.
    Or you can rip the MPEG2 stream from a DVD you burned on your standalone player. You can use MPEG Streamclip, which is free. Most of the time this works very well, but unfortunately it does not work with all DVDs from our DVD recorders correctly. Some clips show frame jumps when doing this.

Page 176 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy