Forum Replies Created

Page 160 of 245
  • Floh Peters

    January 29, 2007 at 7:55 am in reply to: Media 100 transcoders

    The iFinish transcoder will read Media 100 i (Mac) files, as long as you

  • Floh Peters

    January 25, 2007 at 3:55 pm in reply to: Barn Doors FX…

    It is fixed in 11.5.1

  • Floh Peters

    January 24, 2007 at 8:21 pm in reply to: Upgrade Media100 or switch to Final Cut Pro/Avid

    [NewLife] “I render and 28:30 program that has titles/lower thirds through out the program.”

    With a new Media 100 SDe (or the HD systems) you would need no rendering. Even if you would want to render it (e.g. for export to QuickTime) it would be pretty fast.

  • Floh Peters

    January 24, 2007 at 7:16 pm in reply to: Upgrade Media100 or switch to Final Cut Pro/Avid

    [NewLife] “I’m now full time at the church and producing a weekly 30 min show, video announcements and whatever else asked to do. After I’m finished with a 30 min show, it takes more the 3 to 4 hours to render which to me is alot of time one computer is tied up with.”

    What are you rendering that takes so long? What are your source formats, and what is your target? Tape? DVD? Web? Maybe there are ways to optimize your rendering times with your current hardware.

    [NewLife] “In my research, Avid really seems to be the industry standard but a big expense. The company we purshase from in 2002 will upgrade Media 100 to the iFinish for close to $600. “

    I would not recommend iFinish as an option. There is no more development done on the iFinish software.

    [NewLife] “So I guess my question is do I upgrade the current computer and software or make the switch to Avid/Final Cut Pro? I just want to get the best I can for less.”

    The question is what you want to spend and what you need. Media 100 has some very good offerings these days, which are very scaleable from FireWire I/O only up to HD uncompressed. If you are comfortable with the Media 100 UI you will be up to speed on the new systems in a couple of hours. And your rendering times will be much less than they are now. 😉
    Anyway, independent of which system you chose, you can expect that you need a new Mac or PC anyway, so you should include that in your calculation.

  • Floh Peters

    January 24, 2007 at 7:27 am in reply to: flash files in media 100

    [digitalgeorge] “I was wondering if anyone can help me. I need to use some reall cool flash animations on a video I am producing. But I’m not sure how to import them into media 100. I also have flash but I don’t see how to make quicktime movies out of the program.”

    You should be able to open your flash files in e.g. QuickTime player or AfterEffects. There you should be able to export them to any format you may need. The way via AE gives you the option to e.g. scale and reposition the animations, and to bring them to the framerate you need. Not all Flash animations are done in PAL or NTSC framerates, so you probably need to convert them through AE.

  • Floh Peters

    January 23, 2007 at 3:56 pm in reply to: DVD Menu’s

    [bornbowhunter] “I am trying to make professional looking menu’s on DVD. I was wondering what software you recomend? I know I can do this with IDVD; However for some unexplained reason I do not have this on my Mac. Is there a downloadable format somewhere that I can get?”

    You cannot download iDVD, you have to buy it (part of the iLife package) if it didn

  • Floh Peters

    January 19, 2007 at 7:31 pm in reply to: Producer system requirements?

    It depends on what you want to edit. SD does require less performance and throughput than HD; “easy” codecs (like DV or Unocmpressed) require less CPU-power than more render-intense codecs (like Media 100 i or even legacy 640*480/768*576 Media). I did some editing on a G4 PowerBook (1.5GHz), which worked but had not really the best response. I

  • Floh Peters

    January 19, 2007 at 7:17 am in reply to: activating boris in producer

    Get in touch with Media 100 support (free if you bought Producer). I am not sure if the Producer Studio ships with a copy of RED or with “Composite Suite”, which is a rebranded RED. Anything I would tell probably would add to the confusion…

    Floh

  • Floh Peters

    January 18, 2007 at 5:19 pm in reply to: Bit Vice question

    You need to reinstall the codecs. There is one missing: the “Media100.component”. This one is the one that is needed. Currently your system tries to use the Transcoder, which hasn

  • Floh Peters

    January 18, 2007 at 7:50 am in reply to: Will AJA I/O work with Producer?

    No.

Page 160 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy