Floh Peters
Forum Replies Created
-
[Fermin Branger] “It appear to be inported after (as you said) a small update, but I only get a black clip with sound.
I still have dual boot configuration, and I’ve copied only Apple ProRes.Component into my Library’s Quicktime folder (as I did with DVCPRO HD and HDV codecs in the past).
What do you think? “Hmmm, that should work. If you open the clip in QuickTime player and look at the info window, what pixel dimensions does it report there? And the imported file in Media 100, what does it say in Bin List view under Codec and under Frame Size?
Do you have the option of posting a small sample file somewhere, e.g. on an FTP server for me to have a look at it? -
[Fermin Branger] “I’m trying to import and work with (FinalCut 6 acq media from HDCAM SR) ProRes 422 HQ clips, with my Media100 HDe 12.5.1 but I can see anything (except double clicking into quicktime 7.5). “
Do you mean that you cannot import them into Media 100? They should “fast import”, doing only a small “updating Media” process when e.g. dragging them into a bin. Or are they in an unusual size (only 1080i/p and 720i/p plus of course SD resolutions are supported in Media 100).
Do you get any error message? -
[Michael Rosing] “Now, if we can just figure out why they made that so complicated…
“Ah, it is not that complicated, it is only well-hidden (in case you don´t search for it in the manual). But I agree that it would be nice to e.g. have a checkbox for that in the batch reacquire window.
-
When entering Batch Reacquire, hold Shift CTRL CMD ALT together while clicking on “Batch Reacquire”. Shift and CTRL force audio to be redigitized at the current settings, and CMD ALT force video (or the other way round, I always confuse the 2 options so I use all keys to make sure both audio and video are acquired to the current standard).
-
If you can set one of the decks to play back your material as letterboxed you should have no problem in digitizing it as letterboxed footage. I don´t know your decks, so I cannot tell you if it is possible.
-
[Jim Wilcox] ” Or is it also software level (HD Suite) dependent? “
The SD cross conversion feature is a Kona3 hardware-only feature. So the HDx board cannot do it. But of course you can do the software conform on all systems.
-
And as an additional hint: the Kona3 board/HD Suite can do a SD (and HD) cross-conversion in hardware in realtime, which means that you can play out your SD 16:9 material as a letterboxed version in realtime. Unfortunately the LHe hardware does not have this capability; it can only downconvert HD to SD in hardware without the SD cross-conversion capabilities.
-
Wick,
congratulations to the 12.6 release. Supporting Aja Kona drivers is a great addition to the Media 100 workflow, and it will make the work between different apps (e.g. Apple Color, which we use a lot, and Soundtrack) much smoother. You are really pushing Media 100 forwards these days. Please keep up the great work your whole team is doing on the Application, and please keep the discussion about new features open with your existing and potential customers.
Thanks,
Floh
-
The “Composite Suite” is basically RED, with some additional integration into Media 100. If you only have installed Producer, you should only have the “Media 100 Producer” folder on your drive. I would do a reinstall of Producer, which should automatically install everything needed. And make sure that you launch the Media 100 Producer application that “lives” in the Media 100 Producer folder. If you move the App out of the folder it will not find its plugins (and most of the other stuff).