I really feel kinda stupid,
every cow-forumleader has been raving about how prefect the new interface is…
But i just cannot work as well in this interface as I used to in AE 6.5
At first I thought it would just take some gettin used to, but as the title says: it’s been 5 months.
I really liked the ability to quickly twirl down a property to see what it was doing AND still see the actual keyframes.
The explanation that with the new curves editor ‘you don’t need keyframes’, I just don’t buy it.
Also: as soon as I have more than say 5 layers that are 3D, the interface becomes so unresponsive…
for example: i click on the empty pasteboard to deselect my current layers( I know, i can press Command-Shift_A), and then move the mouse: after effects thinks I’ve dragged a selection, and highlights every layer I’ve moved over in the last second, as if the mousebutton was still pressed …
Also what happens at least once every two days: I hide after effects, and it will not reappear: it’s still running, and if I work blind (Command-S; Command-Q; Enter) I can save the current project and Quit, but the window’s just not there.
Well, the end of my little rant 😉