Forum Replies Created

Page 1166 of 1228
  • David Roth weiss

    February 28, 2006 at 10:50 pm in reply to: Compressing V.O. Recordings

    Chris,

    I am not terribly fond of the FCP compression compression filter, however, in Sound Track Pro there are numerous presets for the compression filter that are worth trying. I can’t recall which one it was, but one of them was right on the money when I needed it. Take a peice of your VO and dink around with those presets for a while and I think you’ll hear one that’s just right.

    Hope this helps,
    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    February 28, 2006 at 5:39 pm in reply to: Files from DVD recorder…

    Like any other DVD you need to use a ripper program to turn the VOB files into QT. DVDxDV is the program I use. It makes damn good QTs from DVDs.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    February 28, 2006 at 11:34 am in reply to: moving SATA 4-bay raids from one computer to another

    Hey Jerry,

    No need to think safety. The Firmtek units are 100% hot swappable. I own both the 2-bay and 4-bay units, and I swap them around all the time. So long as you unmount the drives or striped sets on the way out, as soon as you reconnect them they are recognised again. The firmtek controller will acknowledge them immediately and all you have to do is just click on the accept button. Its foolproof.

    DRW

  • No problem. The raid info is carried onboard the drives themselves.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    February 27, 2006 at 9:28 pm in reply to: powermac 2,7

    Dante,

    Its actually quite reasonable and not $499 — its $259 for the card and the 2-drive hot swappable enclose. See the SeriTek/1SEN2 External Bundle SATA-1SEN2

    https://store.yahoo.com/firmtek/sata1sen2.html

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    February 27, 2006 at 6:51 pm in reply to: powermac 2,7

    Well, as someone who uses a SATA raid mayself, I would never recommend firewire drives to anyone (unless they were using a laptop). Even more so if they had already ordered two SATA hard drives.

  • David Roth weiss

    February 27, 2006 at 6:35 pm in reply to: powermac 2,7

    I get it now, you’re like a psychic detective — you know what people need before they even have an inkling they need anything.

  • David Roth weiss

    February 27, 2006 at 6:04 pm in reply to: powermac 2,7

    Jeremy,

    Did you even read the original post? The guy clearly stated that his client had already ordered two SATA drives.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    February 27, 2006 at 5:37 pm in reply to: powermac 2,7

    Checkout the bundle at http://www.firmtek.com. They make great gear.

  • David Roth weiss

    February 27, 2006 at 5:32 pm in reply to: online media shows offline and more…

    Whenever online clips show up as offline it is a very good sign that you need to trash your preferences. Perhaps doing so will fix the other issues as well.

Page 1166 of 1228

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy