Forum Replies Created

Page 105 of 1228
  • David Roth weiss

    March 27, 2015 at 3:54 am in reply to: Weird advice from Adobe Tech Support

    I too have switched over to Premiere CC in recent times, and I was luckily not as anxious to test Yosemite as many here, to their chagrin, were. Unfortunately, many of those peeps failed to clone their system drives prior to the Yosemite update, and many were thus hosed when the newest Cuda drivers for Yosemite failed them miserably, or at the very least presented them with horrific display issues.

    For the record, I am using Premiere CC 2014 8.2.0 (65) Build, CUDA Driver Version: 6.5.45, under Mavericks 10.9.5, with a GTX 680 Mac Edition, and thankfully I’ve not encountered any issues.

    Hope this helps you Harry…

    David Roth Weiss
    Director/Editor/Colorist
    David Weiss Productions

    David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

  • David Roth weiss

    March 27, 2015 at 2:54 am in reply to: Anyone switch to Resolve as NLE?

    Resolve is NOT even close to being ready for prime time as an editing app at this point, and you will have a very hard time finding any professional using it as their primary NLE, except perhaps on very, very, very short projects.

    David Roth Weiss
    Director/Editor/Colorist
    David Weiss Productions

    David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

  • David Roth weiss

    March 27, 2015 at 2:50 am in reply to: Weird advice from Adobe Tech Support

    Hi Harry, long time no chat… 🙂

    First, use SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner to clone your boot drive to a FireWire drive. Then test it to make sure you can boot to that drive – just hold down the Option button when booting and select the new bootable FireWire drive, and it should boot like a charm. If so, you can now erase the boot drive in your computer without fear, and reinstall the OS and Adobe CC. Time Machine is NOT good for backing up system drives, as apps many times get corrupted, while cloning works perfectly.

    Meanwhile, I’d stick with Mavericks for now, as loads of folks here are having issues with Cuda drivers under Yosemite.

    David Roth Weiss
    Director/Editor/Colorist
    David Weiss Productions

    David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

  • David Roth weiss

    March 26, 2015 at 11:50 pm in reply to: Sony PXW-X70 Settings??

    Hello Ray and others,

    Did you ever find the camera setup info you were looking for Ray? I just took delivery on an X70 today and I’d certainly be appreciative if you or others could get me up to speed on the finer points the setup a bit faster than I’m doing on my own.

    TIA,
    David

    David Roth Weiss
    Director/Editor/Colorist
    David Weiss Productions

    David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

  • David Roth weiss

    March 26, 2015 at 10:25 pm in reply to: Lighting reflections

    Nice tips Joe, and easy to remember your methodology for achieving 45-degree light positioning. I’ll credit you when teaching it to students.

    BTW, I’ve never seen nor heard of wrinkle remover, other than for faces that is, but I’m gonna look in the Downy section next time I go to the market. Too bad it doesn’t work on faces… 🙂

    David Roth Weiss
    Director/Editor/Colorist
    David Weiss Productions

    David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

  • David Roth weiss

    March 26, 2015 at 5:56 pm in reply to: Lighting reflections

    Short answer is, even an expert would have a very tough time, and you, having asked the question are clearly not at that level, and you would never be able to get even close to making the fix unobtrusive. You have way too many hurdles to overcome: she’s moving, her eyes invariably blink, etc, etc, etc.

    David Roth Weiss
    Director/Editor/Colorist
    David Weiss Productions

    David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

  • The job is processor intensive, but that’s just going to take time to crunch, it will not destroy your computer. However, your hard drives are way over filled, as a rule you should have at least 10 to 20% free space on all drives at all times, especially when rendering a very large timeline, as temp files need to be cached to disk during the processing, and without lots of free overhead your renderd can either take many times longer than they ordinarily would, or they can even fail mid-render.

    David Roth Weiss
    Director/Editor/Colorist
    David Weiss Productions

    David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

  • David Roth weiss

    March 26, 2015 at 12:27 am in reply to: Red rocket X

    Hey Michael! I’m really looking forward to your report. I too have a GTX 680, so your results will meaningful to me.

    David Roth Weiss
    Director/Editor/Colorist
    David Weiss Productions

    David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

  • I hate to diss Larry in any way, but trust me, he is NOT a storage expert, I have read many errors on the subject in his newsletters. I would imagine that even Larry would agree that storage is not exactly his strong suit. Larry?

    Meanwhile, partitioning a RAID is lousy idea for several reasons, primarily because it slows reads on the RAID, which is typically your most expensive storage, and the prime objective of most RAID purchases is performance.

    David Roth Weiss
    Director/Editor/Colorist
    David Weiss Productions

    David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

  • David Roth weiss

    March 25, 2015 at 10:53 pm in reply to: G raid error

    Or, a 2-drive RAID 0 as well, both of which can be FAT32, if that’s the issue, which sure sounds like it is.

    David Roth Weiss
    Director/Editor/Colorist
    David Weiss Productions

    David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Page 105 of 1228

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy