Forum Replies Created
-
Why not go into a consumer monitor and turn the closed captioning on and look at it that way? If it is on line 21 of the vitc code then remember a regular old TV set is designed to decode that.
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
Can you try M-Jpeg A?
david
Peace and Love 🙂
-
I highly recomend this product. I own it and it works. They also support the product well. It is well worth the price.
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
David Battistella
March 7, 2006 at 2:12 pm in reply to: Synching Audio and Vids from XD Cam and Pro ToolsWhy not just paste the whole song on to tracks 3&4. WHy would you eve cut the audio when editing a music video?
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
This is great news.
If anyone here had anything to do with that I want to thank you too.
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
These series of tutorials are great!
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
I forgot to mention this.
One of Terry’s largest clients has already written a letter on his behalf to Panasonic Canada to help them understand the tremendous value he adds to the products he sells. So I will just do the same thing today as well.
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
Jan,
I’ll call David Craig today and I will ask Tim to call him too.
Barry,
As far as I can tell the Creative Cow P2 forum is a worldwide forum for users. I appreciate you commenting on Jan’s behalf, but I never asked her to do anything about it. I am not sure if Panasonic Canada and Panasonic USA communicate but I could only hope that they were all as proactive and prudent as Jan is when it comes to customer service. Whether you buy Panasonic in Japan, Canada or the US you are a Panasonic customer, I think that Jan can recognize that. Jan’s colleagues have much to learn about service and they would be wise to get involved in these forums as she has because she provides a great deal of added value and clarity to Panasonic customers everywhere.
I spoke to Terry today. He has fielded thousands of calls on this camera. Panasonic should appreciate that. As a knowledgeable dealer he does have an impact on which camera his customers purchase. He also has to take the time to explain this exciting new technology to clients and we know that is time consuming and requires a solid understanding of the product line. That is something a supplier can only dream of in a retailer.
Panasonic Canada has A list and B list dealers and apparently Terry is on the B list. He does not know what the criteria is for these lists. The camera is in short supply and he has been told that they will only start selling him camera’s in May or June. Terry then took the camera off his website because it was taking a lot of his time explaining a product that he was not allowed to sell. It’s not that he doesn’t want to sell it but he made the choice to start promoting it again when he could actually sell it.
I for one think that based on his business model and his product knowledge he should be one of the first places to have it available. That criteria should matter as much as end of year numbers from larger dealers.
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
Jan
I have to thank Tim for being so eloquent with his post. I admit that I do get passionate at times and I have tended to challenge in this forum. Panasonic makes good products, I own them and have acknowledged the strengths they bring to production. The big BUT in Tim’s post was bang on!
While the perception might be that Canada is an arctic wasteland, our group (FCP users) are huge backers, trusters and inovators of the new tech coming out. Tim has just run a great workflow, shooting tons of Doc footage on his new camera (which as he stated he had to purchase out of the USA and sacrifice warrantly) that is how much he believes and is willing to risk.
Don’t you want more people believing in your products that much?
While I have challenged the benifits of P2, I have not attacked Panasonic here, other than to state their treatment of a specific dealer. It’s awful for Terry to have to tell his customers to wait, wait, wait and then finally he has to tell them that, “he is not a prefered dealer so if you wan the camera go to a photgraphy store”. Based on what he has built his business on and who he sells to Panasonic should be embarrased.
There are, of course, two sides to every story but I was reacting to what was an upsetting story from somebody who has great integrity. Terry wasn’t complaing about Panasonic to get me to say something, he was upset to be made to feel like a lesser dealer. His business is built on Digital Video Technology for beyond the Prosumer level. Panasonic should be having the HVX night at his shop not TIm with his camera from the USA. I am not positive but I don’t even think they will sell one to Terry until they have filled quota’s to these “preffered” dealers.
We know Dave Craig and the other Panasonic guys up here. This isn’t abou them. It’s not personal. I am sure that you can not control everything coming from Japan either. You all probably have no control over when they get units.
There were delays and promises with this camera and when it finally was released they should have just called it a pre release because the thing has barely been available to anyone. It is a bit of a ghost. It’s like the IBM ads for the guys who are debuting the greatest product and then their website can not handle the traffic.
You may spin this to say, “it’s been so successful that we can’t keep up with demand!” but has it outsold the HDV camera’s that are all over the world already in peoples hands? I doubt it.
i believe in the product but the company can be a bit silly about the simple things sometimes. Terry probably hasn’t asked for anything for free, he just wants to be able to sell this product and it is hard for him to sell a picture in a brochure.
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
It is possible for you to duplicate the preset and then go into the custom settings of the compressor and type in the data rate you would like.
David
Peace and Love 🙂