Forum Replies Created
-
David Battistella
April 14, 2006 at 2:38 pm in reply to: displaying timecode for real-time dvd burningDisplay set-up>
Video OUT OSD>
OFF ONSwitch it to on.
FYI it is on page 40 of your manual if you have one.
Page 48 tells you what it does.
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
Are there any effects onteh footage?
What are your RT settings?
What are your sequence settings?
Are you using the correct KONA easy setup for the footage you are playing back?
How many layers?
How was it captured?
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
Steve,
If you are capturing FW then there is an option to remove advanced pulldown on capture. FW sees and removes these frames leaving you with the 24P content to edit natively.
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
David Battistella
April 13, 2006 at 1:21 pm in reply to: displaying timecode for real-time dvd burningTurn on the display on the V out
it’s in the menu’s
david
Peace and Love 🙂
-
Walter is right.
I have no idea what the problem is because I did not read the past thread.
SO,
What drives?
Do you have an I/O box attached too?
Is there an ipod on your firewire bus.
Are the drives daisy chained?
Do you have a deck on the firewire Chain?
Is it the firmware on your card?
If you take out the FW card then does the drive still drop frame when on the Apple bus?
Have you tried the drive on another computer?
How have you initially formatted the drive?
There are so many factors here. It also sounds like you are reaching the PCI bandwidth limit. You have a card in every slot. Stick to one thread and you might get better help.
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
I have also found that speeds that are specific iincrements. 75% 50% 25% look a bit better that “fit to fill speeds. It seems like QT files are a bit better when they are slowed down this way and in those increments. 34.21% sometimes does not look as good because of the interpolation.
Just a thought.
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
FCP has notoriously awful slomo.
You might want to make sure all of your frame blending etc., is turned on in your sequence settings.
What is the source footage? 24P slow downs look worse than 29.97 stuff, etc.
a few more details might help.
Then of course you could always use AE to slow shots.
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
It’s all good J.
d
On the 10 bit. In HD, no RT. But if you are using a package like Final touch then you are looking at a render anyway so it’s nice to stay 10 bit.
8 bit is more versatile in HD But 8 or 10 in SD is great!
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
the DVX is a camera and the VTR section is not really designed for a lot of playback. It is not as rugged as having a dedicated VTR. I have a Panasonic 2600 connected to my computer instead of using the Camera VTR section whcih was not really designed for heavy use and lots of playback and scrolling.
I use the camera as the digitizer in emergencies only.
David
Peace and Love 🙂
-
jeremy,
I have found no problems with 10 bit drop shadows on titles if/when using the Boris title tool. If you put a drop shadow on in regular title tool I can imagine it would never look as nice as the Boris, built in drop shadow.
So I guess it depends on what tool you use. The Boris Title that comes with FCP is far superior.
With regard to 8 or 10 bit. The only reasons to do 8 bit are 1. space. 2. drive speed.
I advise you to use ten pits of precision as it is the best quality available.
Even if I am doing a DV show I convert it all to 10 bit for Online/ CC etc. It will play back on most drive systems now as well.
David
Peace and Love 🙂