Darby Edelen
Forum Replies Created
-
Here’s another random thought to check… Is AE deinterlacing the footage? Because if the advanced pulldown has been correctly removed then AE definitely shouldn’t be. I have experienced AE getting a little ahead of itself in its assumptions on occasion, just something to check.
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
[A.Zander] “Thanks a lot, now I cant sleep with that image in my head. why did you have to use a baby?”
Muhahah… I’m so evil >=D
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
No. At least, you shouldn’t. When booting into Windows through Boot Camp, you are literally booting into Windows… Mac OS X isn’t running anywhere on your computer, Windows should handle the 4GB of RAM in the same way it would handle 4GB of RAM in a PC box.
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
[m2a2sen] “if you build a linear gradient in AE and look at the video-out with an oscilloscope you will see a curve. bad! and none of the settings (colormanagement in projectsettings) changes a bit. if you apply a gamma-correction to the comp with 1.8/2.2 -> 0.82 (classical quicktime gamma problem) the curve looks fine.”
Have you tried using a linear color profile as your working space?
If you have CS3 then you should already have a few, if not then try these:
https://home.earthlink.net/~stumaschwitz/blpx/linearProfiles.zip
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
[Dan Ebberts] “mult = 5;
mult*thisComp.layer(“Audio Amplitude”).effect(“Both Channels”)(“Slider”)”I don’t have AE in front of my right now, but is the amplitude measured in positive values after converted to keyframes?
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
[JezzFush] “Although I must admit CS3 is really letting me down with all it’s out of memory bugs (I have more RAM than you could poke a stick at)”
AE can still only use 3GB of RAM, no matter how much you have. If you’re consistently getting these messages then you might want to rethink your Memory & Cache settings. These errors have just been something to work around, and even with good Memory & Cache settings I’ve seen them in version 7 with large/involved comps as well.
[JezzFush] “and QuickTime export errors.”
I have yet to see one of these, thankfully. You aren’t forcing CS3 to run in Rosetta are you? (;
As for your audio problem, open the QuickTime file in QuickTime Player and check the properties (cmd-J), specifically the Resources tab to see if the file is referencing an external audio file or if it’s embedded. You can also make note of any compression on the audio (it shouldn’t be compressed). Lastly make sure there is a Speaker icon next to the Eye icon on the layer in the AE timeline.
Let us know if anything changes!
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
Darby Edelen
October 24, 2007 at 3:25 pm in reply to: Using AE in Multiple monitors – workflow tips?Personally I like to have my secondary monitor available for Photoshop/Illustrator/Firefox/FTP Client, etc.
I find that the only time I want a comp window in my other monitor is when I’m doing a full frame preview of an HD or 2K composition (which is relatively rarely).
However, if your monitors are relatively lower resolution, then you may need to use the extra real estate that an extra monitor provides. In that case, all I would recommend would be to either shut the Comp window when you render or put the render queue in the same panel to speed up render times.
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
[ae4life] “I would go MAC BUT i have to much software on PC to convert it over..”
If you own a copy of Windows you can use Boot Camp (shipping in OS 10.5 which is scheduled to be released in 2 days) to boot into Windows…
Alternatively you could purchase Parallels, allowing you to run Windows in a screen within Mac OS X for only $79.99 (although driver support is better with Boot Camp).
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
Darby Edelen
October 24, 2007 at 3:08 pm in reply to: Problems interpreting AE motion graphics to a Widescreen TV without pixelationCompressor should be fine, I really think it’s the composition settings.
Use Steve’s advice and don’t change the composition settings (since you already have everything laid out), just create a new NTSC DV Widescreen composition and drag your NTSC Widescreen Square Pixel D1 composition into it.
Everything should work out… you’ll have 6 vertical lines cropped but that shouldn’t be a big deal.
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
Darby Edelen
October 24, 2007 at 8:20 am in reply to: survey about After Effects CS3 Help and other documentation resources6.5 to 7.0 was the biggun interface/workflow-wise… Pretty much everything is in the same place in 8.0 as in 7.0, only there’s more of it =) The color management is one area that has been vastly improved, and for the better! 6.5 is a relic in that department =O
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA