Daniel Low
Forum Replies Created
-
I believed I checked the field dominance in the right area… but if you can confirm where I find that.
You say that your settings had field dominance set to ‘None’ – I asked whether you were sure that all your footage was progressive, rather than interlaced. Any interlaced footage requires a field dominance setting, upper or lower, Progressive footage as no fields, as such it is set to none.
There are so many settings… system settings, user preference, easy set up, render settings (under sequence)- each with so many choices. I don’t come at this from an engineering/technical perspective, so many of these set up issues are a mystery
I don’t come from an engineering or technical background either. You seriously need to spend serious, quality time with the manuals and tutorials and reading websites like Ken Stones. Otherwise you’ll just waste a hell of a lot of time trying to figure things out while getting nowhere.
FCP closed down during the end of the export to QT render process.
So it crashed?
I found the .mov file that FCP made. Like other times, a message came up when I attempted to import the .mov file into compressor: “Error trying to open source media.”
Not surprising if FCP crashed during the export process and in doing so making the file corrupt. Did you try and open it in Quicktime player?
It’s unlikely to be anything to do with your hard drive or the length of your program, more likely to do with mixing DVCAM and HDV with the wrong settings or something along those lines – see my first point about fields.
What you are trying to achieve is very complex in the whole scheme of things, don’t expect to just fudge your way through it without some serious research. – Field dominance is one of the most basic fundamentals of video and is probably what’s causing you problems here.
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
Make sure everything in rendered.
Check your field dominance settings – are you really working with 100% progressive material?
Export as a Quicktime Movie, – Make Self Contained
Play back the Quicktime movie back in Quicktime player, paying close attention to the sections with HDV content.
If all is good, bring this file into compressor and encode.
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
This has been covered tons at the Cow, you’ll find a lot using the search function. (As well as google)
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
I’m no expert in Flash but I am with online video delivery. Breaking up your content is being kind to your audience.
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
You should really break it up in to chapters, whatever.
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
And just to confirm, you’re delivering 1920×1080 H.264 for web? What sort of data-rate are you using for the H.264?
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
So you’re are not encoding to the same H.264 profile then, one is non-square pixel for the HDV material and one is square pixel for the XDCAM?
Either that or your output is squashed/distorted on your HDV output?
Whatever, if you’re encoding a defined length of source material to a defined data-rate and a set frame size then both sources will come out roughly the same.
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
Ok,
Let’s look at this another way:
Can you encode 5 minutes of both the HDV and XDCam footage to an single H.264 profile with a frame size of 1920×1080 and a bit rate of 5mb/s
I bet you that both will come out roughly the same size.
I’m not sure why you are encoding the HDV to 1440×1080 – We ran through this before is a previous post and you never got back to me…
https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/20/860639
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
Your post does not make complete sense to me, sorry if I’m not getting it.
Just to clarify;
You have two source formats, HDV and HDCAM.
You are encoding both of these to the exact same H.264 output profile.
The problem that you are having is that the H.264 derived from the HDV source is bigger than the one from XDCAM.
Do I have that right?
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
Daniel Low
October 29, 2008 at 2:46 pm in reply to: DVD conversion to suitable format for web streamingMPEG-4 is probably your best route but it depends on your audience.
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free!