Daniel Low
Forum Replies Created
-
Letterbox it?
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
2.7Mb/s, but I wouldn’t say you could ‘sustain’ that reliably. 2.2 maybe.
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
What’s happening is that you are coming from uncompressed 32bit 4:4:4 to 24bit 4:2:2 (or 4:2:0). You’ll get better results using something like compressor or Episode to do your final encoding.
Even the best titles can’t get round the colour banding problem without dithering.
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
Looks like bad Colour subsampling along with lossy compression:
https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/20/861130
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
Odd, never seen it before on anything but a live real-time encode or digital transmission or corrupt digital tape.
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
A 1X DVD drive speed can transfer approximately 1.4MBps (1.36Kbits/s) – You should be able to get good (not great) looking SD H.264 at that datarate, but most people should have faster drives than 1x.
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
“I submit it and it comes out in Adobe Soundbooth. “
That’s the bit I need you to elaborate on.
Does Soundbooth open before or after compressor has done the compressing?
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
Sadly there’s no such thing as a standard cell phone.
Although most will play back some form of MPEG-4 even then it needs to be packaged up for different makes in either 3GP, AVI or MOV.
If you want to hit the biggest market share I suggest you stick to MPEG-4/3GP
BTW I come from Europe so the ‘market’ maybe slightly different from where you are.
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
I’m not sure if you are aware that compressor can produce Flash On2 and H.264 output and is a much better encoder than the Adobe one. As for deinterlacing we covered that the last time I replied to one of your posts:
https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/20/860900
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free! -
HDV will certainly give you higher quality than DV and I’m sure the Adobe encoder won’t have a problem dealing with the HDV 1080i source, just remember to deinterlace it.
I seem to remember you used to use compressor, any reason why you switched to Adobe media encoder?
Also, forget about getting a high quality encode from the supplied Adobe presets, you need to get under the hood to get the best out of itIf you’re at a make or break situation with the new site, I wouldn’t personally risk it all before you have your encoding settings and production workflow sorted out perfectly.
__________________________________________________________________
Please post back saying what solved your problem. It could help others, and saying ‘thanks’ is free!