Forum Replies Created

Page 950 of 1040
  • Craig Seeman

    April 16, 2008 at 5:52 pm in reply to: GRAB SOFTWARE?

    Actually it’s Applications/Utilities
    which is why it might be hard for some to find apparently.

    On my OS 10.5.2, Safari 3.1
    You can get to Grab with Safari open via
    Safari/Services/Grab
    in the menu bar

  • Craig Seeman

    April 16, 2008 at 5:08 pm in reply to: SanDisk Express cards

    Sony will have 32GB card later this year. I think I saw September. I believe there will be a firmware update in July or August that will allow the use of 3rd party cards. I’m hearing this from various NAB reports.

  • Craig Seeman

    April 15, 2008 at 8:32 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro EX-1

    [Steve Connor] “Disagree entirely, we’re doing this all the time with Digibeta cameras and HDCam cameras”

    For under $1000? And you can match the shallow DOF of a Letus Extreme. Keep in mind EX3 is 1/2″ and not 2/3″ also. Zooming in is NOT going to give you the same field of view as a Letus with 35mm lens attached.

  • Craig Seeman

    April 15, 2008 at 5:49 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro EX-1

    [Steve Connor] “Well if you put a long lens on an EX3 then you will be able to achieve that look without a Letus adapter that’s why I’m going to be buying one!
    “

    I’m not absolutely sure that would be practical for several reasons.

    I believe the Letus Extreme is only around $1000. What are you expecting to pay for a good lens? How long and how far away would you have to position yourself to match what the shallow DOF with Letus plus 35mm lens?

    Good video lenses (especially HD lenses) are very expensive (can cost more than the camera).
    Interchangeable lenses are nice but your client or your “indie” feature has to have the budget for them. Some rent the lenses as needed.

  • Craig Seeman

    April 15, 2008 at 5:14 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro EX-1

    Mere mortals like it too. I also use Sony PD-170 for some SD work. Recently I shot a talking head interview with PMW-EX1 even though it was destined for SD. The client immediately saw the resolution improvement in the SD results.

    In addition, when editing in the SD timeline, I was able to reposition a couple of shots when he shifted his head too far. I was even able to offer the client the option of doing a slow push in during editing when we held a shot long.

  • Craig Seeman

    April 14, 2008 at 10:37 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro EX-1

    You could get a Mac and use BOTH Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro. Premiere Pro is available for the Mac.

  • Craig Seeman

    April 13, 2008 at 11:03 pm in reply to: XDCAM EX3 Review

    Firmware changes we can expect?

  • See this thread for details. Just make sure you use the correct QT 7.3.1

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6978975

  • [Steve McGarrigle] “I am using O/S 10.4.11
    Quicktime 7.4.5 (25)
    Final Cut Pro 6.0.3
    XDCAM Transfer 2.5.1
    “

    Use Pacifist and downgrade Quicktime to 7.3.1. It seems a bunch of people are having this issue and apparently is OS 10.4.11, QT 7.4.x combination that’s the issue.

  • Craig Seeman

    April 13, 2008 at 1:36 pm in reply to: EX 3 Camera!!!

    Why start yet ANOTHER thread?

    Basically its an interchangeable lens version. I’d expect and hope for that at this NAB. Why do you find that surprising. It’s over $11,000. Great for what you get but it’s simply the next in the series which Sony SAID there was going to be (a series).

    It also has BNC TC in/out. Under/Over Crank on button instead of menu. They go rid of the ViewFinder and now the LCD can be used as either.

    It’s sorta like the same series Canon has done with the XH A1, G1, XL H1.

    It’s no replacement. It’s second in a series.

    I’m actually more interested in any firmware changes and the new peripherals like SxS hard drive.

Page 950 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy