Forum Replies Created

Page 922 of 1040
  • Craig Seeman

    August 7, 2008 at 10:18 pm in reply to: GOP Structure

    See this brief description.

    GOP – Group Of Pictures.

    GOP – Begins with an “I” frame, followed usually by a number of “P”
    and “B” frames

    – GOP’s can be as small as a single I frame, or as large as
    desired, but usually no more than 15 frames in length.

    – the longer the GOP, the more efficient, but less rubust the
    coding

    I frame – “Intra-coded” frames

    P frame – P frames are predicted based on prior I or P frames

    B frame – Bidirectionally predicted frames based on appearance and
    positions of past and future frames

  • Craig Seeman

    August 7, 2008 at 10:14 pm in reply to: Episode Pro – Audio levels

    Don’t confuse FCP’s digital audio meters with the way DG measures audio (using analog standards for whatever reason). I use Episode for DG and there’s a good chance I designed the preset.

    See this discussion which just scratches the surface.
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1574574&tstart=91

  • Craig Seeman

    August 7, 2008 at 6:33 pm in reply to: ex-1 xdcam timeline playback glitch

    With more info I could narrow this down to any number of a hundred issues.

    Export as self contained movie. Create New Project with a new sequence, Import movie. Play out from that project. Make sure the hard drive with the source file has at least 20% free space. Make sure there are no other applications or significant background processes running.

  • Craig Seeman

    August 7, 2008 at 1:33 pm in reply to: Sequence settings for sony ex1 /FCP6

    Why not use the 1080p25 XDCAM EX Easy Setup?
    I select the Easy Setup and change Render to Apple ProRez to avoid the GOP conform.

  • Craig Seeman

    August 7, 2008 at 4:32 am in reply to: Flip4Mac “unrendered”

    It had nothing to do with layers. It was simply that ALL rendering had to be done before export. That meant checking all render states (colors) in the render menus before rendering.

    If you download public beta 2.2.1.7 the problem should be gone.

    Silly question but did you contact their technical support about the issue?

  • Craig Seeman

    August 6, 2008 at 5:13 pm in reply to: Sony XDCAM transfer

    [Mark Huckle] “Some of my video files that are located in the XDCAM transfer file won’t copy to external hard drive. I assume that the video files are in XDCAM transfer file as they sure are not in the capture scratch file. “

    I’m not sure what you mean by this. XDCAM Transfer takes the BPAV and converts the MP4 to MOV. Exactly where are you having the problem? Can you see the source files in XDCAM Transfer. Are they being converted to MOV?

    Once they’re MOV files you can burn them to disk like any other file (although only a system with FCP 6.0.2 and up will play them).

    [Mark Huckle] “Workflow: filmed with Sony EX1 – transferred SxS cards to laptop via XDCAM transfer – imported files into FCP Studio 2 – edited in HD – downconverted to SD – outputted as SD onto DVStudio Pro 4 for authorisation and creation of DVD. “

    But none of this has to do with Blu-ray and the error you’re reporting. If you can use all the files in FCP then they’ve been successfully converted to MOV.

    [Mark Huckle] “I’m not using blue ray yet. I just want to be able to gain access to all my files for the wedding project in a year or twos time from my external hard drive. At the moment when I use the external hard drive and seek to reconnect, there are media missing that currently cannot be reconnected. “

    Could be the files got corrupted on the hard drive . . . unfortunately. Can you reimport them into FCP?
    I back up the BPAV to DL-DVD. This way if anything happens to the files on hard drive I have the source BPAV to rewrap to MOV again with XDCAM Transfer.

    Please double check that the MOV files on your hard drive are still accessible to FCP or Quicktime (which will play them if you have FCP 6.0.2 and up installed).

  • With nearly 30 years experience I trust the cards WAY MORE than I trust tape. Between drop outs and tape path issues and tape creases, I don’t trust tape.

    Cards corrupting? At least you’d get such a warning. At least the camera tells you to fix a corrupted clip. Cards do have a life span but it’s a very long one.

    As per Steve’s comments, you really need a “religious” workflow. I have seen people grab tapes that weren’t locked and recorded right over them. I know that that no matter how “sure” one is there’s that moment of “twinge” when one hits delete. The hard drive and DL-DVD backup . . . what if they go bad.

    But as someone who has been in archival, I’ve threaded 2″ tapes and popped 3/4″ into a deck and dripped sweat when I saw the picture . . . and these were unique historical recordings.

    And I’ll have an easier time finding something to read a 12 year old data CD then the D2 tapes I have.
    I find HDV is the cruelest joke of a tape format. Tapes from one camera not being playable with another’s deck due to recording format. I can’t imagine what might happen with a tracking issue. Then there’s the multi frame drop out risk as the tape ages and error correction comes into play.

  • Craig Seeman

    August 6, 2008 at 2:55 pm in reply to: Sony XDCAM transfer

    It’s still not clear what your workflow is.
    You’re apparently backing up the MOV files rather than the BPAV folders, not that that should cause an issue.

    You don’t say how you’re attempting to burn the Blu-ray disk at all. What drive, what software?
    Do you have a rewritable disk so you can experiment with?
    Have you tried altering burn speed for example?
    What burn software are you using?

    I could ask a good 20 or 30 questions. You really need to post details. EVERY DETAIL no matter how insignificant you think it is.

  • Craig Seeman

    August 6, 2008 at 12:55 pm in reply to: Sony XDCAM transfer

    Can you explain your workflow and software version numbers?
    I’m not sure why you’re using XDCAM Transfer which rewraps MP4 to MOV.
    Clip Browser 2 has CRC error checking. Once BPAV folders are copied from cards to hard drive you should then be able to copy to Blu-ray. While I haven’t used Blu-ray I’ve done this with DL-DVD without problems.

  • Craig Seeman

    August 5, 2008 at 7:16 pm in reply to: best specs for downloadable Windows players

    Interesting that Zune can play the same .m4v iPods can play. It could save you a lot of work.

Page 922 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy