Forum Replies Created

Page 134 of 1040
  • Craig Seeman

    December 8, 2013 at 10:16 pm in reply to: Apple Selling IGZO Sharp 4K monitor

    [Marcus Moore] “I can’t see how Apple selling any 3rd party 4K display is anything other than a sign that their own 4KACD isn’t ready yet.”

    But it seems they are no longer selling the Sharp display as far as I can tell. It seems it was pulled from the store rather quickly.

    So either than means the 4K is ready or, at least, they’ll have a new ACD ready to go shortly…. possibly followed by a 4K display.

    Why do you think the Sharp 4K was pulled so quickly after being listed?

  • Craig Seeman

    December 8, 2013 at 7:38 pm in reply to: Avid?
  • Craig Seeman

    December 8, 2013 at 7:34 pm in reply to: Apple Selling IGZO Sharp 4K monitor

    Interesting that the Sharp display is gone from the Apple Store so soon after appearing there.

    I have to think that Apple will be updating their own displays even pre 4K. The current Thunderbolt display has Firewire 800 and USB2. I expect that will be updated to Thunderbolt 2 and USB3 (by to Firewire).

    It’s interesting that the Sharp display went away so quickly though. Perhaps they decided they didn’t want to sell a competing monitor as a new (not necessarily 4k) Apple Display will be coming out with the MacPro.

  • Craig Seeman

    December 3, 2013 at 8:18 pm in reply to: FCP-X and misrepresentation

    I’m not about to read all these posts (but I have a hunch I will) but I heard Evan Schachtman talk about this at CCW. The issue hanging them was collaborative workflow. From his comments on that panel he’s about to switch with 10.1. Keep in mind he’s very likely a beta tester.

    EDIT: Evan seems to have answered in full detail.

  • Craig Seeman

    December 2, 2013 at 10:45 pm in reply to: Dec 2nd – Where is my new Mac Pro and updated FCPX?

    [Chris Harlan] “True. Its also possible that 12 will have to be special ordered.”

    Or maybe both 8 and 12.
    If you look at the 6 core specs they already mention the FirePro 700 option so it may be a CPU shortage. just a wild guess since I’m not sure of availability on the Windows side. Other thing I could think of is that they come standard with 1TB PCIe SSD and the supply (and maybe the price) was in flux.

  • Craig Seeman

    December 2, 2013 at 10:36 pm in reply to: Dec 2nd – Where is my new Mac Pro and updated FCPX?

    [Marcus Moore] “Considering my Apple guy was able to configure with those options last week AND give me prices; I don’t think that’s the case.

    But we shall see soon enough.”

    But was he able to give you a delivery date?
    And is he still your Apple guy after breaking an NDA? 😉
    So maybe they’ve locked down the price… but haven’t gotten those made yet or otherwise didn’t want the public to know details about the 8 and 12 core models… and doesn’t that seem “odd” without practical motivation?

  • Craig Seeman

    December 2, 2013 at 9:05 pm in reply to: Dec 2nd – Where is my new Mac Pro and updated FCPX?

    [Marcus Moore] “That’s a mistake I don’t see Apple making again.”

    Which is why they’re not posting availability on 8 and 12 cores IMHO. No promise on those because they’re not ready. Obviously something has been holding back those being listed for some bit of time now.

  • Craig Seeman

    December 2, 2013 at 9:03 pm in reply to: Dec 2nd – Where is my new Mac Pro and updated FCPX?

    [Jeremy Garchow] “This forum would not exist without debating in the dark.”

    The whole point of this forum is to win the privilege of saying “I told you so.”
    Of course we’ll then get arguments about whether taking 14 days to update training was no access before release or simply lots of work producing new tutorials.

    I’m still wondering why Resolve 10 updated training is so scarce.

  • Craig Seeman

    December 2, 2013 at 8:55 pm in reply to: Dec 2nd – Where is my new Mac Pro and updated FCPX?

    [Andy Branner] “COMING DECEMBER “

    4 and 6 core coming in December. Those aren’t going to be delayed. That those two are listed and 8 and 12 aren’t has to indicate “something.” Waiting on pricing decisions wouldn’t be a delay of course but part shortage would be.

  • Craig Seeman

    December 2, 2013 at 8:52 pm in reply to: Dec 2nd – Where is my new Mac Pro and updated FCPX?

    [Marcus Moore] “As long as you hit the “buy” button before the end of this year- you’re good.”

    Might not be good until the credit card is charged and often Apple doesn’t charge until it ships. Imagine requesting them to “please charge me now.”

    [Marcus Moore] “Remember Apple initially conservative estimate on getting the iPadMini Retina”

    Alternately I’m thinking about what happened with last year’s iMac models. There was a long wait on some of them.

Page 134 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy