[Bill Davis] “Is Dec 31 the same thing everywhere?”
I think it’s 31 Dec in most other places.
[Bill Davis] “I wonder how the US now actually factors in Apple’s sales projections. Are we still the monster we used to be? “
I haven’t seen long term past history but Apple computer sales ranks higher in the USA than in the global market.
[Bill Davis] “Now, from day ONE – that MacPro order is every bit as likely to come from Dusseldorf as from Dallas.”
Given the MacPro is manufactured in the USA, the shipping cost might be cheaper and delivery to retailers might be faster. Then there’s the apparent problem that Apple’s products in many other countries are priced higher, sometimes significantly higher, than in the USA FWIW.
USA is probably still the best for gross sales but that may be different than sales per capita.
[Bill Davis] “The US production industry has certainly been FROSTY with regards to X “
I wonder how well Apple is doing in “Bollywood” by comparison.