Forum Replies Created

Page 120 of 1040
  • Craig Seeman

    February 25, 2014 at 7:40 pm in reply to: Mavs 10.9.2 released

    Does this mean Compressor 4.1.1 will work reliably now?
    I don’t think I have any systems yet that it hasn’t run into issues with 4.1.1.

  • Craig Seeman

    February 25, 2014 at 5:21 pm in reply to: Avid delisted from NASDAQ

    Obviously completely speculative but I mentioned one scenario in another thread.
    That would be putting in R&D for better integration of ISIS with Adobe and maybe Apple.
    Over time that might mean less resources for Media Composer.
    Personally I think increasing ISIS sales is more important than Media Composer is for their bottom line.
    I know others feel otherwise…
    …but my response is…
    Avid is going to HAVE TO change something to increase sales of their high revenue generating products.

    I’d love to hear other scenarios about what might change rather than just hearing “that won’t change” as that leads to a dead end for Avid and that I don’t think will happen.

    The problem is, the longer they take to find a way to expand sales, the more time competitors have to develop alternatives.

  • Perhaps it’s your DVD encoding settings.
    Perhaps Compressor will do a better downconvert than FCPX in timeline.

  • Craig Seeman

    February 25, 2014 at 3:30 pm in reply to: Avid delisted from NASDAQ

    [Scott Witthaus] “but certainly has a chance to be marginalized as a niche product for long form and film folks”

    One of two things would have to happen at some point of course.
    Currently that niche isn’t profitable for Avid (based on the last time they reported).
    So either some entity will know how to make that niche profitable or they’re going to expand their reach.
    Of course the third possibility is nothing will change and eventually they may be another CMX.

    While not profitable they are also virtually debt free which makes them a good purchase for somebody. Otherwise they can “risk” some infusion which will step up the R&D in some area or another.

  • Craig Seeman

    February 24, 2014 at 11:29 pm in reply to: Replacing 30p clips with 24p clips on the timeline

    You may want to post this in the Vegas forum.
    Not being a Vegas user, you may need to replace the files by hand.
    It may also depend how those proxies were created. 24 in 30fps or inadvertently did a speed change.

  • Craig Seeman

    February 24, 2014 at 11:23 pm in reply to: Combining a Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro Project

    [Travis Roesler] “I suppose the best alternative would be to convert the prores stuff into a good codec to combine with premiere’s stuff. “

    Current NLEs PremierePro CC and FCPX can both handle multiple codecs in a timeline. If you have AVCHD sources I’d convert those to ProRes rather than throwing away information by compression ProRes files.

  • Craig Seeman

    February 24, 2014 at 11:19 pm in reply to: Avid delisted from NASDAQ

    I can certainly imagine that stock holders may not trust the OTC market nor trust if/when Avid really intends to get re-listed in any reasonable amount of time (or at all).

  • Craig Seeman

    February 24, 2014 at 5:57 pm in reply to: Avid delisted from NASDAQ

    Since the stock isn’t “publicly” listed, brokers selling it privately have a bit more control. It might be easier to work out the sale of the company or to get private capital investment.

    The trading is OTC (over the counter).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over-the-counter_(finance)
    This as well.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OTC_Markets_Group

    I won’t say it’s positive vs negative but the differing situation has different amounts of control and types of regulation and might give Avid a freer hand in some of their immediate financial situations.

    While not quite the same thing, consider that some companies remain private and some public companies move to go private. It’s situational rather than universally positive or negative.

  • Craig Seeman

    February 24, 2014 at 5:11 pm in reply to: Avid delisted from NASDAQ

    Claims they want to be re-listed by mid 2014 but I can’t help that’s “PR spin”
    https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/techflash/2014/02/nasdaq-suspends-trading-delists.html

  • Craig Seeman

    February 24, 2014 at 5:08 pm in reply to: Avid delisted from NASDAQ

    Personally I think Avid wanted this to happen.
    It gives them more control over stock sales and they can now operate with less “public” (Industry) scrutiny IMHO.

    Personally, again, I wouldn’t be surprised if they start making a range of “moves” whether it be capital investment or sale or “product alignment” that might have been more difficult otherwise, within the year.

Page 120 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy