Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Creative Community Conversations › Transfer video shot in in PH1080/60i format to a DVD in SD (Very poor resolution)

  • Transfer video shot in in PH1080/60i format to a DVD in SD (Very poor resolution)

    Posted by Manuel Lopez on February 25, 2014 at 4:17 am

    Hello:

    I have a Panasonic AG-AC130A. I shot a video in PH1080-60i format. I open the footage in FCPX. Video looks great. I want to burn DVD copies of final work standard definition. I made a new timeline with a standard definition format and copied the HD final work timeline in the NTSC SD format timeline. When I play the SD DVD in the player, resolution looks very poor. I know it will never looks like HD but image looks very pixelated and resolution is very poor.

    I have a MackBook Pro 15 REtina Late 2013 with OS Version 10.9.1. FCPX is 10.1.1.

    Please advise.

    Manuel Lopez replied 12 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Craig Seeman

    February 25, 2014 at 3:34 pm

    Perhaps it’s your DVD encoding settings.
    Perhaps Compressor will do a better downconvert than FCPX in timeline.

  • Manuel Lopez

    February 25, 2014 at 10:32 pm

    Thanks for the response. I have the new Compressor 4.1.1. It does not have many options to choose from DVD wise. What options you recommend?

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy