Forum Replies Created

Page 111 of 1040
  • Craig Seeman

    April 30, 2014 at 7:21 pm in reply to: OT: Red Giant Universe Is Here!

    [Dustin Parsons] “I’m pretty sure most NLEs come with 80% of the bundled plugins in Universe”

    I’m not quite sure they’d have the same depth or quality. It’s easy to do a heads up comparison though.

  • Craig Seeman

    April 30, 2014 at 6:17 pm in reply to: OT: Red Giant Universe Is Here!

    A well thought out subscription model for sure.
    Premium is either monthly, annual or, lifetime.
    Same subscription supports multiple programs which is good for those who switch between FCPX, PPro, AE, Motion.

  • Craig Seeman

    April 30, 2014 at 4:42 pm in reply to: Can’t get USB webcam to work

    [Rob Papen] “Before I purchased, I just did check this it was version 2.0.4 which did work. After running 5.0.2 (Ustream Producer) it stopped working.”

    You must be using 5.0.2 or 5.0.3. The C920 was not supported in earlier versions.

    [Rob Papen] “The webcam has the last software and ‘shows up’ everywhere, except for the Telestream software. (Ustream Producer / Wirecast).”

    Wirecast may require a different setup. It has much better webcam control than many other programs since it detects the webcam’s settings and codecs. Logitech’s own software may interfere with Wirecast so you must uninstall all Logitech software.

    Again the C920 does work as there are a very large number of users using it.

    [Rob Papen] “I requested a refund also because of the ‘lack’ of answering support questions (Ustream).”

    That may be the case with Ustream support. If you buy from Telesteam you’ll very good support.

    [Rob Papen] “I will check UstreamProducer 2.0.4 because the installer is still on my computer. Most likely it will not install because of the newer version. But I can try.”

    You HAVE TO use version 5.

  • Craig Seeman

    April 30, 2014 at 3:28 pm in reply to: Can’t get USB webcam to work

    I apologize for you bad experience but I can say with certitude that the Logitech C920 works with Telestream developed streaming software. The number of people using the C920 with Wirecast and Producer is very large. Telestream products have great flexibility so perhaps it wasn’t set up properly.

  • On Windows you could render out DNxHD I’d think.

    YouTube has H.264 recommendations for upload
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?rd=1

  • It really depends on your cameras, your system, your NLE. There is no “best”
    Some cameras and many external recorders use Apple ProRes. While the file sizes are large, the codec is very easy to handle since it’s not GOP based. Some recorders may use MPEG2 iFrame and those are often easily handled on Windows NLEs.

    If your recording in camera that uses an H.264 GOP variant and your NLE can’t handle it you can encode those to Apple ProRes or DNxHD depending on your NLE.

  • Craig Seeman

    April 12, 2014 at 2:35 pm in reply to: Avid slyly opening up at NAB for those that noticed

    I think MC’s reputation for reliability came from Avid’s originally conservative position on “blessing” configurations and OS updates. There was a time when it would be months for Avid to approve even a .0x OS update.

    I suspect that policy changed when so many other critical utilities, plugins, etc required a new OS version or took advantage of new hardware that Avid had not yet blessed.

    I think developers all take a bit more “risk” in that they all try to be in step with updates when those OS updates include fixes and, often, improvements, their tools (or a competitor’s tools) take advantage of.

  • Craig Seeman

    April 11, 2014 at 5:26 pm in reply to: Problem when editing shots

    Updates include fixes.
    You’re limited to troubleshooting your system. It certainly does not sound like 4.2.3 works for you.

  • Craig Seeman

    April 11, 2014 at 4:25 pm in reply to: Problem when editing shots

    There’s likely an issue with your config as I’ve seen no other reports of this.
    You should be on either Wirecast 4.3.1 or 5.0.3
    Make sure Windows is up to date.

    Give your description it sounds almost as if you have a GPU problem.

  • Craig Seeman

    April 10, 2014 at 10:47 pm in reply to: OT: Where did the Adobe debate forum go?

    [David Mathis] “The sky is no longer falling. :)”

    With Adobe Debate Forum the trick is to look down, not up, to find it.

Page 111 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy