Forum Replies Created

Page 188 of 283
  • Chris Tompkins

    April 25, 2011 at 2:15 pm in reply to: Overnight hours shooting rates

    If I got work outside Normal Business Hours I need to be compensated for that.

    And Ya, If you can’t work the next day, that is like a travel day. Fold some extra in the charge for the late nite work.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    April 25, 2011 at 12:33 pm in reply to: mV2 file appears to PAL

    Well, did you choose the PAL preset by mistake in compressor?
    Re-compress.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    April 24, 2011 at 7:13 pm in reply to: EVERY FCP project file corrupted?!?!?

    was created in a newer version of Final Cut

    You can’t open a proj. from a newer version then what you have…
    You would need to upgrade.

    FYI.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    April 24, 2011 at 4:14 pm in reply to: Overnight hours shooting rates

    I agree you need to charge more, what a hassle.
    At least a 1.5 day rate.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    April 23, 2011 at 10:27 pm in reply to: No video preview and can’t capture

    When I’ve tried to FW capture while using a FW drive I have had this very same issue. Removed the FW drive and the problem went away.
    Please try it.

    HDV is a good thought too.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    April 23, 2011 at 7:14 pm in reply to: No video preview and can’t capture

    Ya, unplug the ext. FW drive. That is your prob.
    Quit FCP.
    Plug cam direct into Comp.
    Launch FCP.
    Capture.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    April 22, 2011 at 10:35 pm in reply to: Multiple Lines

    You’re right, I was think when you manipulate one line it changes em all.
    But you can do with Boris Title 3D.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    April 22, 2011 at 10:18 pm in reply to: Multiple Lines

    New Title for each changed line.
    Stack em.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    April 22, 2011 at 8:15 pm in reply to: Final cut studio

    If you don’t know what you are doing it’s best to leave well enough alone.

    In FCP you select what drives to capture to and what drives the rendered files are created.

    It’s under system settings.

    As for motion templates and the like, you’ll have to tell the app where the files are stored.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Chris Tompkins

    April 22, 2011 at 8:09 pm in reply to: Two Questions

    You’re on a laptop. Compression times for HD are slow on many desktops.

    I have 2 hours of video in apple pro res422 that i’ve sent to compressor. I assume this is HD material?

    You’ll have to wait it out.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

Page 188 of 283

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy