Forum Replies Created

Page 165 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    October 21, 2006 at 5:55 pm in reply to: Drop shadow causing image to quiver

    Hey Jeremy,

    Yeah, as long as I had to do the type in AE to start with, I guess that makes sense. Just frustrating that FCP can’t handle an animated dropshadow, would just make it faster and more easily adjustable. KnowwhatImean?

    BTW thanks again for the Kona LH monitoring tip, awesome!

  • Chris Poisson

    October 21, 2006 at 5:42 pm in reply to: Drop shadow causing image to quiver

    Hey Jeremy,

    I suppose if I did that I would have to import a still of my FCP background to get the geometry right, no? I’m trying to get the shadow to look natural as the letters move closer to the background.

  • Chris Poisson

    October 21, 2006 at 2:58 pm in reply to: My Greatest Enemy (of late)

    Yes, what Martin says is true, at least of Soundsoap. When you tell it to find the noise it tends to overdo it, making the voice remaining sound hollow, as if spoken through a tube or over the phone. You must be patient and tweak the thing to get it right. Also, I tend to do a “save as” with it and add 1 or something to the original file name, then you can save all the original clips somewhere else, remove the 1 or whatever from the new clips and reconnect the media. That way, you still have the originals should you want to change anything.

    Yes, I know Soundtrack Pro can do this non-destructively, but I just like Soundsoap much better for noise reduction. Have not had as good an experience with Soundtrack.

  • Chris Poisson

    October 20, 2006 at 10:36 pm in reply to: My Greatest Enemy (of late)

    I’ve had great luck removing AC noise with SoundSoap. Works great.

  • SONOFA!!!

    Doh, I coulda been monitoring this way for the last 6 months and didn’t know it. Now I don’t have to do the cable switch to my HDTV and I can color correct on my Sony! Thanks Jeremy!

  • Jeremy,

    Not sure if I understand, can you elaborate on this SD monitoring from HD thing? I have an LH, but when I work in HD I send the card’s component output to an HD monitor, which works in real time. Are you saying I can send a real time signal in SD to my Sony SD monitor? How?

  • Chris Poisson

    October 20, 2006 at 2:13 pm in reply to: Mac just died

    Hey Jeff,

    Well, I put in a new HD and same result, the Tiger installer couldn’t see it, the first startup icon was a blinking globe which then turned into a blinking folder, going from smiley face to question mark. So I guess I will take it to Apple today…

  • Chris Poisson

    October 19, 2006 at 3:23 pm in reply to: re-sampling music???

    Very simple, just open the music file in QuickTime, and export as an aiff file sampled at 48K.

  • Chris Poisson

    October 18, 2006 at 4:07 am in reply to: DVD Burning work flow

    Mike,

    You can go direct to Compressor from your FCP timeline. Your settings in DVDSP should be 16×9. Check in the inspector. You need to set your men up that way too and your simulator if you use that.

  • Chris Poisson

    October 17, 2006 at 11:07 pm in reply to: OT – Great 22″ Monitor at Costco for $299

    Shoot,

    Not at my Costco, bummer.

Page 165 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy