Forum Replies Created

Page 150 of 282
  • [John Young] “To me the most disappointing thing is that not only is there not a adequately updated Mac Pro, but the 17” MacBook Pro doesn’t even exist anymore. It just isn’t listed on their website anymore.
    “

    Yeah, I’ll miss it too. I’m typing this on the very last of the breed right now. It’s the third I’ve owned. I’m a big tall guy, and they fit very well in my hands, probably like others experience the 13 or 15 inch. I’m glad I have this for another couple of years, but I’ll miss it when its gone. Of course the new MBP is kinda cool.

  • [Clint Wardlow] “Apple needs to bite the bullet–realize the secrecy bit is NOT working when it comes to the Pro line– and tell us something!”

    Clint, I just feel they’ve had a fat lady singing very, very loud for about three months, now. And the orchestra was tuning up for her for about three months before that.

  • Chris Harlan

    June 11, 2012 at 9:34 pm in reply to: Oh, one more thing…

    [Bill Davis] “[Chris Harlan] “Bill, you just blow my mind sometimes.”

    Not sure why, but happy to contribute, I guess.

    Still not sure why having excellent resolution on a laptop – AND the ability to plug it into your desktop via TB and get the benefit of a larger display isn’t a very useful capability – but perhaps we just think differently.”

    Are you seriously asking? Because I will tell you. You may not like what you hear, though.

  • Chris Harlan

    June 11, 2012 at 9:30 pm in reply to: So Shane Ross was right all along re:Mac Pro

    I think its time for this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0yXqU-w9U0

  • Chris Harlan

    June 11, 2012 at 9:24 pm in reply to: Oh, one more thing…

    [Bill Davis] “Nothing wrong with that!”

    Nothing wrong with that at all.

  • [Erik Lundberg] “Hm. Might be my sleepy brain again- but wasn’t the media relink in 10.0.4?
    “

    Yes. I misread it as something new. Ah, well.

  • Chris Harlan

    June 11, 2012 at 9:12 pm in reply to: Oh, one more thing…

    [Liam Hall] “Not sure if that aimed at me or not Chris, but to clarify, my comment was tongue-in-cheek; having 2880 pixels on a 15″ laptop is not the same as having 2880 pixels on a 30″ monitor. Same number of pixels, but doing different jobs. Oh, and size matters…”

    Yep.

  • [Steve Connor] “I suppose they had to as they needed apps for the new MacBooks. I will be wandering into the Apple Store to have a look at X on a retina Macbook though!
    “

    I think it looks cool. I may even get one come fall.

  • [Erik Lundberg] “Other than that, is there ANYTHING new? “

    They say some more stability issues are addressed, and there is a mention of Media relink that sounds quite promising.

  • Chris Harlan

    June 11, 2012 at 8:34 pm in reply to: Oh, one more thing…

    [Bill Davis] “But I’m fully ready for a new, more mobile life with a toolset that doesn’t tie me to the same desk, seeing the same cubicle walls every day of the rest of my working life.”

    And thank God Adobe and Avid are making those things. The customizability of Pr on a laptop just blows X away.

Page 150 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy