Forum Replies Created

Page 107 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    June 17, 2011 at 11:42 pm in reply to: HDV to PAL conversion

    close yeah.

    set the reframing controls for highest quality.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 17, 2011 at 7:57 pm in reply to: Transcode YUV 4:2:2 to uncompressed 10 bit .mov

    I did a google search on the codec and found a free pc codec.
    there was no quicktime/mac version that I could find.

    if you google the bm codec it should come up as well.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 17, 2011 at 7:56 pm in reply to: HDV to PAL conversion

    get the natress G converter

  • Chris Borjis

    June 17, 2011 at 4:23 pm in reply to: FCP Codec Question

    [Alexander Kallas] “Your above post treats the new user as technically ignorant.”

    not at all.

    Simply stating it’s a common thing that happens among daily users of fcp.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 17, 2011 at 4:22 pm in reply to: Transcode YUV 4:2:2 to uncompressed 10 bit .mov

    I think I ran into something like that last year.

    the workaround was to open it on a pc and export as 10-bit uncompressed .mov using black magic’s 10-bit pc version of their codec.

  • I know adobe audition can do this. change duration without affecting pitch.

    there are pitch controls in soundtrack but I have not tried that.

    you might be able to get away with just doing it in after effects, if the sound is linked to the quicktime animations.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 16, 2011 at 4:35 pm in reply to: FCP Codec Question

    [Alexander Kallas] “FCP will ask to automatically set the matching codecs for the imported media without revealing them,”

    I’ve seen that cause a lot of problems when for example, your first clip is a title clip rendered as a quicktime animation from after effects.

    I can’t remember how many times my former motion graphics guy did this and was wondering why the real time playback wouldn’t work and everything needed rendering.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 16, 2011 at 4:31 pm in reply to: Scale height and width differently

    look at the distort controls in the motion tab

  • Chris Borjis

    June 16, 2011 at 12:09 am in reply to: FCP Codec Question

    oddly enough I’ve seen a few fcp users, using mismatched codec to sequence settings.

    they make edits then re-render the timeline every time they have to for smooth playback….they don’t realize thats not the right way to do it.

  • Jpeg-A or Animation is fine.

    If they give them to you at 18fps and are doing a single frame scan at a time, you will need to bring them into after effects and interpret them at 18fps then render them out to 23.976 ProRes to be editable in fcp.

Page 107 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy