Forum Replies Created

Page 200 of 258
  • [Bill Davis] “BTW, if you keep disagreing with me – the farther back I’ll be forced to move you off the short list Chancellor of Magnetism in my plans for world editing domination. “

    Too late! While you were pissing people off, I’ve been cleverly luring them in with my siren song…

    “X is really good… you should not use anything else… forget all the other NLE’s… you’re getting sleeeeepyyyy”

    Meanwhile, I have secretly stopped using X, and cut only in Pr and MC. And soon… all the work will be mine!!!!!

    Or not…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • [Chris Conlee] “Okay, if we’re getting all hot and bothered because one show, or even one network, is going FCP X, I guess that’s each person’s prerogative.”

    True, it’s just one gig in a sea (or pond) of gigs. The reason I stuck this up is that I know a lot of folks who are freelancing these days… guess it’s the new normal. And some of these folks, who are very good, really need work. And when I hear of freelance gigs I try to pass them along. But, because “nobody uses X” none of them have bothered to get up to speed with it.. They probably should, that’s all… 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • [John Davidson] “Probably all that really needs to happen is for X to start incorporating a variant of sparse disks and event manager x from within the program, make the project icons dark gray, and then call it something like ‘film widget’ and it’ll take off like hot cakes.”

    Dude! Didn’t you sign the NDA?!? You’re in big trouble…

    🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • [Bill Davis] “Nobody’s going to tell you.

    The world has always been divided into those who wait until the “conventional wisdom” is developed before they make a bet and start playing.”

    Jeez Bill… ever heard the old saw “You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar”?

    I’ll bite, and I have absolutely no idea what John’s talking about. This may be the only FCP X gig ever posted but… It’s for the Discovery Network. One of Johns clients is Discovery. They produce a lot of shows. John has said they started using X because an unnamed client of his was thinking about switching. ??? If not Discovery, look at Johns other clients.

    Maybe it’s nothing to do with John. Whatever it is, New show production starts in the fall. A new Mac Pro and (according to Apple’s website) a new version of X along with it. Who knows. In any case, there’s at least one freelance gig for an X editor in L.A. available right now. Woohoo! lol

    Or… nothing will happen and everyone will cut on MC and Pr. 😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • [John Davidson] “Wait till the fall. It’s going to get crazy.”

    < munching popcorn >

    😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • [Chris Conlee] “Fair enough. I’ll put my snark away for a while.”

    🙂 If you’re staff, you use what you need to use. If you’re freelancing, looking down your nose at an app that does have some traction is moronic. That holds true for all of ’em btw. Unless you like someone else getting your work…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • [Chris Conlee] “I think if you’re in Los Angeles you’d be far better served in the long run by learning Avid and learning it well.”

    I think if you’re freelancing, knowing all of ’em well would be your best bet. Not learning X because “nobody uses it” just lost some of folks at least one gig… 😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    July 1, 2013 at 12:25 am in reply to: Avid Media Composer 7 out – anyone excited?

    [Chris Conlee] “Good luck. As has been mentioned, relinking AMA is a dicey proposition at best.”

    I’ll give it a shot, thanks!

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    June 29, 2013 at 1:17 am in reply to: Avid Media Composer 7 out – anyone excited?

    [Oliver Peters] “Agreed. I’m still pining for at least the option of tracks. ;-)”

    lol Well, I’m pretty sure Apple has timeline role visual organization on their radar, which is really the only thing I miss about tracks. Never was a big fan of throwing virtual faders around. We shall see…

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    June 28, 2013 at 11:24 pm in reply to: Avid Media Composer 7 out – anyone excited?

    [Oliver Peters] “Of course, in fairness, doing what you trying to do is impossible in X, too. Where do you think ProApps got the idea from? 😉
    “

    True. But at least in X it’s easy to figure out it’s impossible. 😉 I’ve always felt X was sort of a hybrid of the best, and worst, of FCP 7 and MC. Fun times!

    ————————————————————-

    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

Page 200 of 258

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy