Forum Replies Created

Page 101 of 258
  • Charlie Austin

    August 21, 2014 at 10:59 pm in reply to: create individual sequences from favorites?

    [Jason Brown] “I’m not sure you understand. I have 15 favorite ranges…want 15 sequences.”

    Ah… I think you’d have to do each individually then.

    You can right click the favorite and make a new compound clip, but at some point you’d need to cut ’em into projects and break them apart. you can edit in a Compound clip just like a regular project, but it’s not the best idea….

    ————————————————————-

    ~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    August 21, 2014 at 10:49 pm in reply to: create individual sequences from favorites?

    Create a new project, set favorite ranges, select all, hit Q or D to cut into project.

    ————————————————————-

    ~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    August 20, 2014 at 8:49 pm in reply to: Now that 10.1.3 Is out

    [Jeremy Garchow] “having the option to keep the primary storyline towards the bottom of the screen instead of it trying to always hover in the middle of the window.
    “

    Actually, I’d prefer the opposite. Guess it depends on whether you are concentrating on piles of video or audio. Here’s what should happen… The primary should stay where you put it. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    August 15, 2014 at 8:42 pm in reply to: Clip louder in browser than in timeline

    [Bill Davis] “It seems to me that the program is doing precisely what I’d want it to do. “

    Then you should be using iMovie, which will mix for you. 🙂 Even iMovie requires the user to tell the app how much to duck the competing clips though. There’s some other issue here…

    ————————————————————-

    ~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    August 15, 2014 at 8:34 pm in reply to: Clip louder in browser than in timeline

    [Andy Neil] “Bill,-12 DB might be unity for most video productions, but FCPX should not be auto attenuating clips placed into the timeline. That would be a nightmare for mixing.”

    Agreed. I’m all for X taking care of some drudge work for me, but changing audio levels with no user input is not something I’d be happy about. At all. And… I don’t think it’s doing that, in fact, it doesn’t do it for me. even with audio that’s slammed to 0db on the meters. same in browser and project… something else is going on.

    I’m with Andy, delete or disable the “empty” tracks in the master clip and see what happens. The fact that reference waveforms are showing up in them points to some sort of signal being present…

    ————————————————————-

    ~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    August 14, 2014 at 7:34 pm in reply to: Compund clips

    [David Hudson] “I want the actions of B but shouldn’t I get a new compound clip- or a way to now save the new compound clip new name and all.”

    Duplicate the CC. Select it and choose “Reference New Parent Clip” from the Clip menu. Find in Event (use a smart collection looking for CC’s if you don’t already) Rename it. Done. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • [David Cooke] “Just want to thank you VERY MUCH Charlie for the Strobe plug-in. It works!
    “

    My pleasure. Honestly, it’s just a published Motion effect. Very easy to do, but glad it worked! 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    August 13, 2014 at 6:29 pm in reply to: OTish: Turn out the lights…

    [Scott Witthaus] “and very more than likely no incoming students will know about it. “

    True. It may go even further than jut FCP 7 at some point. I saw a post recently from a guy who had learned to edit on FCP X, and was watching some MC training vids. He wanted to know what “patching tracks” meant. Like, didn’t even understand the concept, and when explained, wondered why you’d need to do such a thing. I suspect more questions like that will appear in the future. 😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    August 12, 2014 at 10:08 pm in reply to: Resolve 11- More Thoughts on NLE?

    [Neil Goodman] “audio playback was still pretty glitchy and intermittent for me.”

    I second that. Especially with large, multichannel source files. Plays fine in source window, but switch the view to waveforms and it comes to a screeching halt. The timeline functions fine initially, but gets worse as you add tracks. Great for making tweaks to a cut while grading, but not ready to be a “replacement” for a dedicated NLE yet. And the speed “ramp-up” when hitting J or L multiple times is maddening.

    That said, It could be my system I guess, and I wish it worked better ‘cuz I kind of like it. Except for the tracks, I can do without those. 😉

    ————————————————————-

    ~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Charlie Austin

    August 12, 2014 at 9:08 pm in reply to: Automatch

    [Herb Sevush] “I’m guessing it’s the second color picker that makes the difference over dedicated color grading apps, but Automatch gets me much closer, much faster. Thanks again.”

    That’s been the case for me as well. Cutting trailers/spots I often cut together shots, dialog and/or reactions from wildly different scenes. Automatch has made it simpler for me to “match” this type of thing quickly. (within reason of course, I tried turning night to day at one point but that wasn’t happening. lol)

    Also, as a simpleton, I appreciate that despite the depth of control available in the plugin, it makes it easy to get great results without going too deep if I choose not to. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

Page 101 of 258

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy