Forum Replies Created

Page 608 of 699
  • Bret Williams

    November 20, 2006 at 6:26 pm in reply to: Sceptre 22″ monitor

    I’d like to know too. They look like they’d look nice next to my Cinema display.

    Check out Sam’s as well. They have a 4:3 lcd that looks almost just like it was made by apple. Ok, it looks like they copied apple. The stand is very similar too. I think it weighs twice as much. Probably used solid steel instead of aluminum.

  • Bret Williams

    November 20, 2006 at 6:24 pm in reply to: edit sequence into a sequence

    Well the overwrite and inserts buttons are different too on an avid. I just meant the workflow was the same.

  • Bret Williams

    November 20, 2006 at 6:22 pm in reply to: Using Soundtrack media WITHIN Final Cut Pro

    Yeah, you’re making it incredibly difficult even with the new workflow you came up with.

    Here’s what I do…

    Open Sountrack and use it’s search engine to find the sound I need. Right click on sound and choose to show it in finder. Drag file to bin or directly to sequence. Done.

    I don’t worry abou the file not being in my capture scratch or backed up with the project since it should always be on the machine (or any studio machine) with Soundtrack installed.

  • Bret Williams

    November 20, 2006 at 6:19 pm in reply to: Final Cut Pro 6

    So far with the apps most of us use, FCP, AE, PS, etc. there is no speed boost. Either because Adobe is under Rosetta or because FCP… well, noone really knows why there’s not much of a speed boost with FCP.

  • Bret Williams

    November 20, 2006 at 6:13 pm in reply to: edit sequence into a sequence

    The funny thing, is the way you described it is exactly how it’s done in Media Composer. Drag seq to viewer, set your patches, mark in/out, then overwrite or insert.

    Maybe it’s just the way I worked in Avid, with my personal settings and experience being a mix of Avid, Media100, VideoCube, AfterEffects, and Premiere, but the switch to FCP made perfect sense to me. I was able to do things the way I did in Avid, or just grab things and move them around just like in every other app other than avid.

  • Wouldn’t even know where to start. If you cut and paste and/or edit the html code you need to know what you’re doing. The issues I see weren’t created wysiwyg in DW.

    You’ll have to fix it in source edit mode. I saved your page and opened it in MX 2004 and it was not editable in design view. Only in source view.

  • I’m surprised it shows in a web browser. You’ve got to clean up that code. You’ve got more than one set of body tags, it appears you’ve commented out most of the first body tag, and you’ve encapsulated a good portion of it in a script.

  • Bret Williams

    November 18, 2006 at 5:14 am in reply to: Gotta fix a bumpy camera….

    Isn’t there a motion stabilizer filter built in? Something like that.

  • Bret Williams

    November 17, 2006 at 5:00 am in reply to: Quicktime recording and Final Cut

    Yeah, somehow I used to capture DV with a 225mhz 604e to an external scsi without EVER dropping a frame. I never heard of dropped frames in DV until I got FCP. Before that I had EditDV. And of course Media100 and Avid never dropped frames. That’s a DV deal only.

    I don’t think the processor is even involved in capturing DV. It passes through the controller onto the drive. Just a few minor codes to add the file info and a QT wrapper. It’s just moving data around.

    Even if it taxed the processor, you’d think there’d be plenty of processor left since a 200mhz processor was fine, and we’re doing quad procs now.

    Am I not the only person that surfs the web and checks email while capturing? What’s the big deal?

  • Bret Williams

    November 16, 2006 at 11:28 pm in reply to: Outputting WMV files?

    GEEEEZZZ! I freakin knew it. For the last week I’ve been trying to buy Sorenson for flash. Macmall, clubmac and others had it listed for 119 bucks. NOT the upgrade. But nobody but nobody had a single copy in stock and I felt an upgrade coming. Unfortunately I needed it Monday, and I had to purchase the download version from Sorenson for the full $249. Hopefully they’ll have something special for me to upgrade. I can truly say I waited until the last minute. Oh well, it’s paid for itself already.

Page 608 of 699

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy