Forum Replies Created

Page 123 of 699
  • Bret Williams

    April 23, 2015 at 5:44 am in reply to: Photo mask

    I imagined a mask like a vignette. But he can’t apply it directly to the clip because he needs to move it within the mask.

  • Bret Williams

    April 23, 2015 at 5:17 am in reply to: Photo mask

    But how would you move them under the mask if you did it in PS? When he says mive I assume he means animate.

  • Bret Williams

    April 23, 2015 at 5:12 am in reply to: How to make a new audio Connection

    The problem the OP has is his audio is in a secondary storyline. And so he keeps blading it, but only the first video clip is connected.

    Erik you need to remove the audio bits from the secondary storyline. (Cmd+option+up arrow I think) A secondary storyline is like a little group of clips that connect to the primary in only one place. So even though you’re slicing up the audio, it’s being sliced inside of a secondary storyline group. After you remove the audio, they’ll each connect to the primary storyline on their own.

  • If it is a bug you could always try setting it to fit and scale it up 150%.

  • Bret Williams

    April 22, 2015 at 4:26 pm in reply to: Text

    That’s whst I was thinking but never tried it.

  • Bret Williams

    April 22, 2015 at 3:06 pm in reply to: Text

    And always try a modifier to see if it assists in sensitivity.

  • Bret Williams

    April 20, 2015 at 9:38 pm in reply to: Print a report of work hours

    Select your library then FILE>OPEN LIBRARY>FROM BACKUP and you’re see a pull down list with all the autosaves available. As Bill said it only saves if something has changed so it’s accurate to about 15 min.

    Why do you need to have such specific billing? Wouldn’t you at least bill by the hour or half hour minimum?

    Me, I just keep it all in iCal. I’ve found some apps in the past that will produce an invoice from iCal data and write to iCal the timing data. But I’ve found tracking apps to be just as much trouble as entering the time myself. Plus, how do I discern a 30min search on iStock for just the right image and taking a break to web surf? Or getting emails with images from the client and checking my email on a lunch break?

    And it’s all just more stuff to reinstall whenever I do a clean install every 6 mo or so.

  • Bret Williams

    April 17, 2015 at 2:54 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    How does this look like a toy?

  • Bret Williams

    April 17, 2015 at 11:37 am in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    If I’m having those issues I haven’t niticed.

    Am I the only one who doesn’t notice any special performance increases? In fact it’s more like a 5-10 crash a day fest. Still as laggy as ever.

  • Bret Williams

    April 16, 2015 at 9:55 pm in reply to: a few issues after the update(s)

    Oh I shall try that and report back on everything is screws up.

Page 123 of 699

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy