Forum Replies Created

Page 111 of 699
  • Geez that is insanely too complicated. Option drag works just fine. Usually it’ll snap to it’s location and you can watch the offset value just to make sure. But if we could option shift drag I could do it with my eyes closed.

  • I see it’s just audio so he’s probably actually talking about connected clips not secondary clips. I guess that threw me. In which case it’s the same button as FCP 7. Shift.

  • But then all the other secondary clips shift due to the genius that is the magnetic timeline. Unless you use the p tool. Or, to get it out of the secondary, safest thing is cmd+shift up arrow. That’ll move it out of the secondary and replace with black without needing P tool.

    Side note- still drives me nuts you can’t use duplicate (option) along with shift to keep it in place horizontally. What’s up with that?

  • Bret Williams

    June 25, 2015 at 6:35 pm in reply to: New FCPX user, what’s all the hate about?

    It was pretty terrible in the beginning. And possibly the worst software launch in history. That lasted about 6 months. Some people just won’t let it go. But it is also vastly different. EXTREMELY different than any other NLE and just doesn’t fit every workflow. But that can be true for any NLE. And you’ve discovered what many of us know. If you’ve used something other than the same NLE for the last 10 years, it ain’t no big deal to learn something new.

    I think Apple is focusing on empowering the individual and small facility with 3D type and amazing template capability built into the app while Adobe has left the individual editor behind with subscriptions and a focus on team this and team that. Their hope being to recapture the broadcast and hollywood market.

  • Bret Williams

    June 25, 2015 at 5:01 pm in reply to: Monitoring audio in import window

    I have issues with the black magic drivers in 10.2.x. If a clip is dual mono I’ll hear nothing or one track perhaps in the event browser. Once it the timeline it’s fine. Might be a similar issue if you have a BMD device. I just switch to computer speakers output and all is fine.

  • I dunno. Seems like shift+F, marker, shift+F marker, shift+F, marker, then make multicam clip might be just as fast and have a cleaner result than option+G, option+G, option+G, then make a multicam which consists of compound clips. However, if you already have some cuts and you wanted to switch to the multicam, you could compound the already done cuts and utilize as a sort of pre-viz angle in the multicam or just leave it.

  • Could you then break them apart in the multicam editor? That’d be a nice trick as well. The idea of compound clips in the multicam just seems like more overhead for an already over burdened piece of software.

  • Bret Williams

    June 24, 2015 at 4:26 am in reply to: Still get confused with Compound Clips

    I think it works on windows too. Been that way as long as I can remember.

  • If they’re all in the timeline synced up, then you could match frame each one at the same spot, and add a marker to each in the event. Then sync based on markers. Should work in theory. I’ve always had audio.

  • Bret Williams

    June 23, 2015 at 4:28 pm in reply to: Suggestions for best color grading workflow?

    And don’t forget to add sliceX to have mocha tracked masks built into color finale. I think it might be time for Apple to just purchase some tech and build it in.

Page 111 of 699

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy