Forum Replies Created

Page 112 of 699
  • Bret Williams

    June 23, 2015 at 3:07 pm in reply to: Suggestions for best color grading workflow?

    Second that!

  • Bret Williams

    June 23, 2015 at 3:07 pm in reply to: Still get confused with Compound Clips

    It works like navigation. If you go back say 5 timelines, then open a timeline from the event browser, then you’ve just removed those 4 timelines from the list and replaced them with the current timeline you just opened. Exactly like a web browser navigation. If you were to click the back button 5 times in a web browser ( and you can click and hold there too) then type in a new URL, you’d no longer be able to go forward in history. You essentially affected the space time continuum. So it’s not a “most recent” list. It’s a navigation interface for better or worse. Probably worse.

  • Bret Williams

    June 23, 2015 at 2:35 pm in reply to: Still get confused with Compound Clips

    I would never click through the timeline history multiple times. I would click and hold and choose from the timeline from the pop-up window. This is a standard feature of navigation buttons in safari and throughout the OS. Give it a whirl.

    Don’t get me wrong, it was certainly easier to have a bunch of tabbed timelines available to copy and paste from and I certainly hope that returns asap. However I’m much happier with X’s media management in these cases. I like how it automatically copies assets from one library to another when editing between libraries.

    And I’m not sure what you meant by the irreversible CC comment. You can always break apart a compound clip, it’s a little unpredictable what happens to the contents at that point. Often X will change the layer order or even the timing of clips. But if it’s basic cuts and dissolves it works fine. But I’d never compound cuts and dissolves. If I create a compound clip I generally plan on keeping it that way. But they certainly aren’t “irreversible without deleting the master”. Maybe you can explain what you mean?

  • Bret Williams

    June 23, 2015 at 6:26 am in reply to: Still get confused with Compound Clips

    I’m with you. @James – why do you feel you have to use compound clips to copy sections of timelines I tomother sections? Sounds like you used copy paste in legacy, why not in X?

  • Bret Williams

    June 16, 2015 at 8:39 pm in reply to: Installing Plug-ins in Premiere Pro CS6

    That appears to be an after effects project, not a premiere plugin.

  • Bret Williams

    June 16, 2015 at 4:58 am in reply to: Boy will this be a debate starter…

    [Bill Davis] “It’s an imperfect and somewhat strained description, but it does kinda describe the way X is organized.”

    I think you better described resolve with it’s completely separate modes/rooms off a main lobby. X is more like a jack n jill bathroom. You edit in the tub, and one door is export while the other is the event. Sometimes I forget to lock both doors. Am I right?

  • Bret Williams

    June 16, 2015 at 12:32 am in reply to: Marking IN and OUT points on multiple clips…

    Now that is an awesome trick.

  • Bret Williams

    June 12, 2015 at 10:35 pm in reply to: 10.21 Screen redraw issues

    I’ve seen that quite a lot over the years. I think it happens when you have a lot of tiny audio clips. I guess it has something to do with a minimum size that it can visually squish them all together and still draw the connections. Maybe try turning off displaying connections and see if they snap back into place? But since there aren’t any tracks they don’t really have a place. Any visual organizing you do of audio is sorta subject to X moving around as it sees fit as you move, copy, paste, etc. I’ve seen some weird stuff happen with audio clips vertically. Still I’d report it as a bug if it bugs you. The redraw is obviously a bug as well.

  • Bret Williams

    June 11, 2015 at 8:42 pm in reply to: Anyone getting compressor GPU benefits? Not me.

    Might be just about right. Pretty much real time. The iMac h264 acceleration (QuickSync?) is only good on the single pass CBR stuff. You switched to single pass and it cut your render in half, but you still don’t have the acceleration.

  • [Robin S. Kurz] “Even if it’s (of course) different than in AE, yes, but works with 2D groups as well.”

    Ah, but try to get it to work in a 2D group without a camera in the comp. The function is off without a camera. BUT, as I’m just discovering it will work in a completely 2D environment with a camera applied. Even if the camera is turned off. So cool!

Page 112 of 699

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy