Forum Replies Created

Page 101 of 699
  • Bret Williams

    August 27, 2015 at 4:34 pm in reply to: OT: Fusion is now available for OS X

    The fact that it actually has waveform/vector scope puts it in a different (I didn’t say better) league than AE & Motion and the video out support of course should be mandatory for a pro app (ahem, Motion 5 I’m looking at YOU).

    I’ve been using Motion 5 instead of AE since the breakup with Adobe (we still get back together once in awhile cuz we both know the same clients) and for most things it’s as good and sometimes better, sometimes worse. A third option is always a plus.

  • Bret Williams

    August 27, 2015 at 5:33 am in reply to: Zipper Effect

    I guess if a zipper floating in mid air is funny. You do realize that just because the green screen opens or folds or peels that the video doesn’t adhere to the 3D shape of the cloth, right?

    Now put some white dots on the cloth and use a 3D planar tracker and maybe…

  • Just set my kid up to edit a project in iMovie. Guess what? It plays through! No keywords I don’t think though.

  • Bret Williams

    August 25, 2015 at 3:13 pm in reply to: Thin horizontal banding in footage

    I don’t see anything. Anyone else see any banding? Where exactly?

  • Bret Williams

    August 24, 2015 at 8:42 pm in reply to: Zipper Effect

    2 page peels. I recently did something similar but it was a guy cutting through with a chainsaw, but the 2 sides fell away like they were being zipped open.

    I’d probably find a zipper graphic off istock or big stock and drop it over the seam.

  • Bret Williams

    August 24, 2015 at 1:04 am in reply to: Request – How do I output my 4:3 capture to 16:9?

    The act of putting a 4:3 SD image into an HD sequence alone is by default a 225% scale increase. Even if FCP X calls it 100%. That’s just a proportional ratio.

    But you shouldn’t lose quality, played back at the same size that is.

    What are all your settings?

  • Bret Williams

    August 21, 2015 at 1:37 pm in reply to: Crashing

    Yep. Just tried it and got momentary beach ball and then crash.

    If you need to enter a specific CMYK value, use some other app to translate it to RGB I guess. Preview or something. Anything with the color wheel.

  • Bret Williams

    August 21, 2015 at 1:12 am in reply to: Seeing last clips you put in canvas?

    I think he meant event viewer. But still, with skimming you don’t really “load” anything.

  • Open up X on a smaller laptop and you’ll find there is almost no space above the project window. The edit controls are bumped against the TC window and the TC window bumps against the effects window buttons.

  • Cutting the interview itself? Create the multicams. Then have them transcribed. Read the material and create your script from the transcripts. Edit the interviews together.

    You can log and audition all day, but transcripts are your first step.

Page 101 of 699

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy