Forum Replies Created

Page 573 of 701
  • Bob Zelin

    January 5, 2007 at 4:46 am in reply to: Multibridge pro or Kona?

    May I suggest that you purchase a Discreet edit or Media 100 system from one of the users on one of these alternate forums on Creative Cow. They really need the money, and we really don’t need competition from you, with one of these excellent products. Also, I hear that Bluefish (ex Digital Voodoo) makes products for you also – buy this !

    bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    January 4, 2007 at 10:10 pm in reply to: New leadership at AJA

    Wait – does this mean that I have to start acting professional and polite to Nick from now on ? He won’t recognize me !

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    January 3, 2007 at 9:57 pm in reply to: Bob Zelin – RS422 Patch Panel?

    the problem with the ABCD switch is not the RS422 – you have to get your audio and video from the VTR into all 4 systems as well. This means patch bays or a router.

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    January 3, 2007 at 5:36 pm in reply to: Up and Running…..nearly!

    no manufacturer supports RS232. RS232 is designed for “A/V show presentation” like meetings and conferences. This is not a professional VTR for editing. Blackmagic, AJA, Aurora, AVID, Apple, and all the others will never write the RS232 protocol. Your only partial help is to contact Addenda Electronics, who makes RS232 to RS422 adaptors (like for the Sony UVW1400) – but there is no guarantee that even with this, you can control your VTR. Addenda will know.

    bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    December 31, 2006 at 9:43 pm in reply to: Kona LHe PCIe slot

    leave it in slot 3. your results are identical to all installations in the MAC Pro.

    bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    December 31, 2006 at 6:04 pm in reply to: Kona LH and Pany plasma monitor settings???

    sorry to hi jack this post but, I was looking online at this model and noticed it’s resolution is 1024 x 768. Does this matter? Would it be better to have a monitor that is 1920 x 1080? Sorry for the hi jack.

    Thanks, Dave

    Hi Dave –
    only the 42″ is 1024×768. The 50″ and the 65″ is 1366×768, and the
    BT-LH2600W is 1366×768 as well. The 1024×768 will “scale” the image for you to HD. The only monitors that are doing 1920×1080 (actually 1920×1200) are the Apple Cinema, Dell 2405, 2407, HP 2335 and 2445, and the Sony SDM-P234b (and eCinema and Teranex Clearview). There ain’t no 42″ 1900×1200 monitor on the market yet – nor is there one for 50″ or 65″. But don’t worry – just wait until April , I am sure we will see LG and Samsung release them by NAB2007.

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    December 31, 2006 at 4:23 pm in reply to: Bob Zelin – RS422 Patch Panel?

    holy crap – these are good prices ! And I thought that I knew the cheapest places to get stuff. I just added this to my favorites list.

    Thanks –
    bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    December 31, 2006 at 2:48 am in reply to: Bob Zelin – RS422 Patch Panel?

    Walter – you are going to have to ask Mike at Convergent Design about this. I am anxiously awaiting to get back a WORKING version of the amazing
    HD-Connect-MI, which allegedly will give full RS422 control of the HVRM25U
    and HVRM15U. Will it actually work – don’t ask me !!!!! But I sure hope so.

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    December 30, 2006 at 2:50 am in reply to: Kona LH and Pany plasma monitor settings???

    I know that the Panny manuals are a pain in the ass, and cryptic. And no, I unfortunatly don’t remember the screensaver menu settings.

    bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    December 29, 2006 at 10:51 pm in reply to: Kona LH and Pany plasma monitor settings???

    don’t touch it. Plug your analog Y Pb Pr out of your Kona LH into your
    TH-PH9UK, and go to work. The factory defaults have been pretty good out of the box – this includes the BT-LH LCD series as well.

    SEE – this ain’t like the old tube CRT monitors, that required setup and calibration all the time.

    This “what – no setup, it must suck” – is the same stupid mentality of the old video shader guys, that went nuts when white balance was invented. They cursed these cameras, no differently than linear editors cursed the AVID when it came out. Soon CRT’s will be gone (JVC just announced this is the end of their CRT monitor as well) – so to the die-hard “I will die before I on line a job on a LCD or Plasma display” – I guess you’ll be dead pretty soon.

    Bob Zelin

Page 573 of 701

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy