Bob Zelin
Forum Replies Created
-
there is nothing wrong with your drives.
If you can afford the luxury of deleting the group, and starting from scratch, you will be able to rebuild your raid without issue.Bob Zelin
Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com -
Hi –
I am a little confused. Did drive 4 rebuild ? I can see that drive #7 is unavailable. Click on the GROUP tab, then right click the group, and select PROPERTIES. Make sure that AUTO REBUILD is checked.
Then restart your Mac. The raid should start rebuilding. I am confused by what happened – did a drive fail, you put in the replacement, it started to rebuild and then another drive failed ? If this happened, you are probably screwed – but it appears from your image that you posted, that only ONE drive has failed right now (unavailable) – just make sure that AutoRebuild is on, and reboot, and your auto rebuild should start.I would like to stay on top of this for you – please reply, and post your results. In the future, you will learn that RAID 5 with an ATTO R680 (you said R380 in a previous post) is dangerous – you should always do a RAID 6 with an ATTO R680, even thought you only have an 8 bay array. I have too often seen that a drive fails during the RAID 5 rebuild and then you get screwed.
Bob Zelin
Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com -
A nice solution from NetApp or Quantum or EMC would be ideal for you.
Bob Zelin
😉
Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com -
Hi Christian –
I have observed your post since you made it on the 19th –
it’s now the 29th.Command Soft FiberJet is over
Rorke Data is over
OS 9 is over.
Stop feeding your family, and buy some new equipment.Bob Zelin
Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com -
francois –
you are correct. I am anxious to see this product at NAB. I am going to make an ASSUMPTION here, with my limited knowledge on what this is – what what is appears to be is that Accusys has put four of their C1M Thunderbolt to QSFP adaptors inside the drive chassis, so the user connects their thunderbolt port directly to the C1M board inside this drive box. This will allow for four users ( apparently not expandable for more users, but I could be wrong – I am assuming everything) – to plug in their thunderbolt cables from their Mac’s, and have shared storage. The software is probably Tiger Technology Tiger Share, which is a licensed product that must be put on each Mac client.The standard Accusys Exasan product uses a QSFP switch that connects the drive arrays, and client computers, and uses this C1M box to be a thunderbolt to QSFP adaptor which goes to their switch. So it looks like they built this into the RAID chassis, so you don’t see the external boxes, and can plug your Thunderbolt cable directly into the RAID chassis.
I am looking forward to going to their booth to see this product.
Bob Zelin
Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com -
Bob Zelin
March 22, 2015 at 2:18 pm in reply to: Startech.com RAID 5 array seems a very slow, wondering if there is a problemhttps://www.span.com/search/sonnet_space_e4p
you are in England, right ?
Bob Zelin
Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com -
remember that format is everything, and that the Blackmagic stuff is not 4K, but UltraHD, so it’s a different format. No different than saying 1080i and 1080p, etc. There is all kinds of 4K, and Blackmagic is only Ultra HD
Bob Zelin
Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com -
Bob Zelin
March 19, 2015 at 12:25 am in reply to: OT: Whaddya wanna see at (or hear about from) NAB?1) while I will not be leaving the south lower hall, I hope to hear about countless LENS companies in the center making micro four thirds lenses for the Blackmagic Studio Camera. I cannot begin to tell you how popular this camera is becoming.
2) I hope not to pass out in the south Lower hall, as I am becoming old, and I can’t take it anymore
3) I never thought that the BACK of the south lower hall would be where the “cool kids” hang out.
4) blackmagic is unstoppable. I am not stupid enough to even attempt to walk into that booth on Monday. Maybe Thursday morning in the Blackmagic booth will be an ok time
5) Sonnet and Highpoint may be the “secret weapons” of the south Lower hall. All the stuff that all of us need, but don’t want to think about.
6) if I start to get angry, and I see bikini girls in a booth, I may go up to the owner of that booth and say “really – are you kidding me”. Let’s see if they can throw me out.
Bob Zelin
Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com -
-
Hi Fred –
I see that this is your first post on Creative Cow, and unfortunately for you, you have wound up with the most unprofessional, rude person on this user forum. Before I start my rant, I would like to mention that ALL the professional manufacturers that you see advertise here, right here on Creative Cow – right here on the banner ads that you are looking at right now – ALL have solutions that will work perfectly for you. So you have come to the right website, and you have come to the right user forum. Unfortunately you have wound up with the most unprofessional of all the people that participate on this forum. If you are lucky, my post to you will be deleted.Fred – you are an IT professional ? Let me be the first to inform you that there is a new invention called the INTERNET, and there is a wonderful tool called GOOGLE that allows you to research technical subjects !!! Amazing – right ? You will find that if you research your wonderful product MetaSAN, that it is a widely accepted product, with countless users, and countless professional partners. And while MetaSAN may be “end of life” – it lives on, with their new product called TigerShare –
look – they even have a website !
https://www.tiger-technology.com/
and here is the replacement for your MetaSAN product –
https://www.tiger-technology.com/products/tiger-series/tiger-store
and it is even certified with Accusys Exasan, which is another wonderful product. But you can continue to use your existing hardware, or you can get Tiger’s Tiger Serve 1, and guess what – they have SUPPORT so they can help you get everything setup.Gee – this is kind of amazing, isn’t it ?
And on top of this, on this wonderful Creative Cow forum, there are countless manufacturers that offer wonderful shared storage solutions, in addition to Tiger Technologies (and Accusys) that will be able to give you shared storage for FCP-X.
They include Facilis (I always use their name, because it reposts all of this to their forum), EditShare, AVID ISIS, Studio Network Solutions, Maxx Digital, ProMax, small Tree Communication, Apace, and countless other people that make a wonderful working solution for FCP-X – and you can find them RIGHT HERE on Creative Cow – all hawking their products.
But you want to choose Apple ? Why don’t you go down to the local Apple Store, and make an appointment with your local Apple Genius, and ask him a couple of questions about XSAN. Let’s see how much they know. You are better off with ANYONE (and especially with Tiger Technology since you already own their product) than Apple. Apple could not give a crap about you – but ALL of these other companies will KISS YOUR BEHIND to make sure that you are supported, and that you have a working system.
do you actually think that Apple XSAN (which is actually a licensed product from Quantum called StorNext) is without issues, and that APPLE support people will be able to support you properly – better than Tiger Technology ? Well, you are fooling yourself.
do some research right here on this forum, and on creative cow, and by calling some of the companies I mentioned (if you forget, they are in the banner ad’s), and you will get the proper PROFESSIONAL help that you need. And it won’t be from Apple.
Bob Zelin
Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com