Forum Replies Created

Page 104 of 168
  • Angelo Lorenzo

    July 23, 2012 at 9:15 pm in reply to: 5 Hours of RedONE footage to edit?

    As an aside, is your RED One footage 2k? 4k footage usually allows you to select 1/8th resolution. I digress…

    If you’re having issues in software mode, It’s doubtful your GPU is having any bearing on a bad memory leak.

    My initial guess was, that because it was an unsupported card running in hardware mode, that Premiere interacting with the drivers in hardware mode could cause some funkiness.

    Premiere is RAM hungry, well most Adobe programs are, and I have no memory issues working with RED footage which I do on a nearly daily basis with my Windows 7 system.

    The next thing I would suggest would be to grab a benchmarking program like Prime95 https://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=205 or Memtest https://www.memtest.org/ (I assume you’re on Windows from your system specs). You can stress test your RAM and processor to make sure that it’s behaving normally just in general before pinning it to Premiere.

    Angelo Lorenzo
    Fallen Empire Digital Production Services – Los Angeles
    RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
    Fallen Empire – The Blog
    A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

  • It’s called auto ducking. I posted some info about it a little while back https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/3/927712

    Angelo Lorenzo
    Fallen Empire Digital Production Services – Los Angeles
    RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
    Fallen Empire – The Blog
    A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

  • Angelo Lorenzo

    July 23, 2012 at 6:25 am in reply to: Smaller resolution

    Hm, lets me do it in CS6 and CS5.5 without an issue. Do you have “lock aspect ratio” unchecked?

    Angelo Lorenzo
    Fallen Empire Digital Production Services – Los Angeles
    RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
    Fallen Empire – The Blog
    A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

  • Angelo Lorenzo

    July 23, 2012 at 6:09 am in reply to: CS6 on an Imac

    If you remove it from the cuda text file, does Premiere behave properly?

    Have you made sure your drivers for the 6970 are up to date. Granted, the nice thing about Apple is their hardware is fairly uniform so if others have gotten it to work, you should as well.

    With that said, how much video RAM do you have? Some iMacs have 1gig while others have 2gigs. That may be the deciding factor. The hacked nVidia cards are recommended to have 1gig or more and that recommendation may carry over in this situation.

    Angelo Lorenzo
    Fallen Empire Digital Production Services – Los Angeles
    RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
    Fallen Empire – The Blog
    A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

  • Angelo Lorenzo

    July 23, 2012 at 5:59 am in reply to: 5 Hours of RedONE footage to edit?

    Hm, it’s an off night. Either you edited your post with more info or I just totally missed your GPU details. I need me some more coffee 😉

    Since the GT 440 isn’t an approved CUDA card for Premiere, try switching the mercury engine to software only along with the other tip in my previous post. Also, try with hardware on (I assume you have the hack) but make sure your drivers are up to date; if it’s a memory allocation issue with the GPU, I would assume it’s driver related.

    Angelo Lorenzo
    Fallen Empire Digital Production Services – Los Angeles
    RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
    Fallen Empire – The Blog
    A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

  • [Kevin Schaich] ” So, if I’m understanding right, export a rough cut from premiere just to Audition to get a rough idea of the audio to begin. Is that right? And after I’m done with most of the effects, I should export a rough effects cut back to Audition, finish the audio, export that to After Effects and do a final render?”

    It’s not a rough cut at that point, consider it picture locked. But yes, exported to Audition and you don’t need to jump into Premiere to make sure you have proper lip sync and so on, just watch within Premiere. It can be an h.264 file, something easy. And yes, if you add, say muzzle flashes, you can render out video from After Effects and place it into Audition to keep going with sound fx.

    Editing audio within Premiere is doable, and for smaller videos for web or corporate use, it’s usually fine. For something more dramatic, you’ll appreciate the finesse of just mixing within Audition from the get-go.

    [Kevin Schaich] “What’s the best way to get all of my Premiere edits into After effects without rendering and maintaining individual clips?”

    File > Import > Premiere Pro Project

    You can import the entire project, or select sequences. The edited sequence comes in as a comp where each cut is its own layer.

    [Kevin Schaich] “And, one last question. Say I get all my effects and audio done and I have everything in a master timeline in After Effects. If I decide I want to make another edit or take a shot out or something, what’s the procedure for doing that without screwing up everything I already worked on?”

    Just keep organized. Also break your project up into scenes so you’re sliding around/replacing 20 chunks instead of some master timeline with 300 cuts.

    You can also, if you like, drag comps from After Effects project bin to Premiere’s project bin and that will dynamically link them in… useful if you feel less intimidated by Premiere’s timeline in comparison to After Effects layer-based timeline.

    *** Bonus Thought ***
    If you’re going to color grade in After Effects, pick up Test Gear https://www.synthetic-ap.com/products/tg/index.html Scopes are one of the most powerful tools in measuring the color/brightness and so on.

    Angelo Lorenzo
    Fallen Empire Digital Production Services – Los Angeles
    RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
    Fallen Empire – The Blog
    A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

  • Angelo Lorenzo

    July 23, 2012 at 5:08 am in reply to: 5 Hours of RedONE footage to edit?

    What version of Premiere? What is your GPU? Is the Mercury Engine set to hardware(GPU) or software only (Actually, I don’t think your GPU is doing much of anything, unless you’re using the CUDA text file hack)?

    As far as RED footage, under your program monitor you should have some options including playback and pause resolution. Do you get any better performance/less long term issues if you set it to, say, 1/8th resolution?

    Angelo Lorenzo
    Fallen Empire Digital Production Services – Los Angeles
    RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
    Fallen Empire – The Blog
    A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

  • Here’s a hint: Use a parametric EQ filter, make the Q kind of medium narrow and cut the frequency hard. Listen to your audio on loop and sweep (move back and forth) the frequency of the EQ. Mark down the frequencies that you feel are the source of the issue. Take the parametric EQ off at this point.

    Use Multiband compression. Add a compression band around the trouble frequency and give it a good compression ratio like 6:1. Set your threshold based on your amplitude so the compressor actually kicks in. Listen to how it affects the quality of the sound and adjust the compression ratio to taste.

    I’ve been using multiband compression more and more. EQ is fine but unless you’re trying to really cut some undesirable frequencies, I usually hold off adjusting EQ until the mixing stage. I can cut/boost as I see fit to piece different instruments together.

    Angelo Lorenzo
    Fallen Empire – Digital Production Services
    RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services.
    Fallen Empire – The Blog
    A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

  • Angelo Lorenzo

    July 22, 2012 at 7:02 am in reply to: swf problem in After Effects

    That seems insanely strange, as I don’t recall After Effects doing anything to ingested files (Adobe Premiere will add a metadata serial number so it can see if the audio has been conformed yet).

    So you’re saying you export the SWF and play it immeiately in Flash Player and it’s fine? But once it’s imported to After Effects, all hell breaks loose?

    After export, set the file attribute to “read-only”. First step to seeing if After Effects is doing anything strange I would think.

    Angelo Lorenzo
    Fallen Empire – Digital Production Services
    RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services.
    Fallen Empire – The Blog
    A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

  • Angelo Lorenzo

    July 22, 2012 at 6:55 am in reply to: Playing HDV videos in Premiere 5.5

    How are you importing the footage? Are you dragging from the file folder into Premiere? AVCHD, XDCAM, and similar footage needs to be imported using the media browser. In Premiere, go to Window > Media Browser. Navigate the media browser to your footage folder and drag the files from the Media Browser pane to your project library.

    Angelo Lorenzo
    Fallen Empire – Digital Production Services
    RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services.
    Fallen Empire – The Blog
    A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

Page 104 of 168

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy