Forum Replies Created

Page 277 of 333
  • Andrew Kimery

    May 18, 2012 at 12:14 am in reply to: Tired of Magic Mouse!

    I’ll take a Wacom please. If I have to use a mouse I like the 5-button logitech or MS mice. Not a huge fan of any of Apple’s mice.

  • Andrew Kimery

    May 16, 2012 at 12:35 am in reply to: FCPX Broadcast Monitoring is Dead Accurate

    Slight off topic, but I ran a Blackmagic Multibridge for years and never had to adjust the offset from factory default. The bay next to me (same gear) had to tweak it by 1 frame.

    -Andrew

  • [Bill Davis] “Funny, cause I personally don’t FEEL like a victim. I feel pretty much happy and kinda empowered every time I sit down to cut with X.”

    I didn’t realize Stockholm syndrome extended to editors.

    :rimshot:

  • Andrew Kimery

    May 15, 2012 at 1:16 am in reply to: How much edit time would you budget?

    What codec are they being recorded in? What kind of machine are you working on? How complex is each video (i.e. is just a talking head giving a straight forward pitch or are there multiple actors in each scene trying to hit marks and deliver lines)? How many hours of raw footage has to be distilled down into each 1 min finished piece?

    Lots and lots of variables and loose ends.

    -Andrew

    2.9 GHz 8-core (4,1), FCP 7.0.3, 10.6.6
    Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (7.9.5)

  • Andrew Kimery

    May 15, 2012 at 12:21 am in reply to: Sharing Metadata between FCPX and CS6

    AFAIK very little metadata is stored w/in the QT movie file itself. It would be great if it was so that if you tagged a QT in one app that info would be available in any other app (like TC, for example).

    Especially since you aren’t sold on what NLE you’ll be using I’d actually suggest a stand alone asset management. CatDV seems very popular and even has a forum here on the COW.

    https://forums.creativecow.net/catdv

    I feel like a stand alone program will be more robust, flexible and feature filled than using an NLE or a program that comes bundled w/an NLE. You also won’t be as tied to a certain NLE if you us a product like CatDV.

    2.9 GHz 8-core (4,1), FCP 7.0.3, 10.6.6
    Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (7.9.5)

  • Andrew Kimery

    May 14, 2012 at 10:33 pm in reply to: Editing scenario

    [Jeremy Garchow] “Sorry man. In order t get persistent ins and outs, you hit i,o,f. It will stay with that clip forever until you decide to unmark the favorite or change. F. One more key, and you have much more functionality than 7.”
    If I do that then don’t I end up w/a bunch of favorites I didn’t want which have to managed & deleted?

    To me this seems to be along the lines of viewing a PDF and having it always go back to page 1 whenever the PDF is not the top-most window. The workaround, of course, is to bookmark the page you were on so that when you come back to the PDF you can go into your bookmarks folder to pickup where you left off. That sounds like a lot of extra work especially if I’m doing research that requires to me hop between multiple windows a lot.

    Making it so the app doesn’t ‘lose my place’ to begin with seems like a much more elegant solution.

    To me the how I/O points act in FCP classic are persistent in that they stay there until I explicitly do something to remove them and temporary in that I use for short term, quick reference. It’s like putting my finger in a book to hold my place for a moment. Yes I want my finger to stay there until I decide to remove it and no my finger will not be staying there very long.

    -Andrew

    2.9 GHz 8-core (4,1), FCP 7.0.3, 10.6.6
    Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (7.9.5)

  • Andrew Kimery

    May 11, 2012 at 2:19 am in reply to: Premiere vs. FCPX

    Its odd to see such polar opposite first/early impressions.

    David Lawrence did a write up of it and seemed very impressed w/how snappy and responsive it was on his 2008 MBP (which I doubt has a CUDA-friendly card).

    Premiere Pro CS 6.0: First Impressions

    -Andrew

    2.9 GHz 8-core (4,1), FCP 7.0.3, 10.6.6
    Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (7.9.5)

  • Andrew Kimery

    May 10, 2012 at 9:22 pm in reply to: Apple Releases OS 10.7.4 and Safari 5.1.7

    I’d rather someone come in and go “Hey, might have a problem related to XYZ” and work it out in public so other people know to be weary instead of keeping it to themselves and potentially having more people fall down the same pit.

    -Andrew

    2.9 GHz 8-core (4,1), FCP 7.0.3, 10.6.6
    Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (7.9.5)

  • Andrew Kimery

    May 9, 2012 at 4:56 pm in reply to: speed hike = degrade?

    Have you tried using Compressor? If you turn on the Frame Control feature and under Timing set the quality to “Better” or “Best” Compressor will use a much higher quality algorithm to process the footage.

    -Andrew

    2.9 GHz 8-core (4,1), FCP 7.0.3, 10.6.6
    Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (7.9.5)

  • Andrew Kimery

    May 5, 2012 at 8:37 pm in reply to: Any of you kids see any cameras at NAB?

    W/regards to the battery, some people seem keen on it since it will act like a UPS so you can change external batteries all day and never need to power the camera down. Many people are also speculating that since the camera will accept 12v-30v that with a simple adapter Lithium Ion batteries designed for power tools could be a readily available option for the DIYers in the crowd.

    -Andrew

    2.9 GHz 8-core (4,1), FCP 7.0.3, 10.6.6
    Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (7.9.5)

Page 277 of 333

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy