The following is based on discussions I’ve followed here on the Cow.
If you are looking for a combination of I/O and monitoring….
might I suggest the following….
AJA’S Kipro or KiPro Mini – this gives you the flexibility of direct to ProRes Capture. And according to threads an optional workflow that might be a faster way to handle creating Prores Masters… (TOM????)
for client monitoring, why not get the Qualified Nvidia dual head display card and set up one big monitor as your display and dedicate the second, optionally as necessary, as a client monitor? This would give you both Mercury Hardware Acceleration for better real time editorial and the benefit of a pretty nice client monitoring experience when you need it
Again…..if you read through the threads here….you will see people have raised concerns in:
dealing with client monitoring
dealing with Prores ingest
dealing with faster mastering options
So that’s where my suggestions come from….
I welcome feedback on this thread to see what the other gurus think 🙂
Alex