Forum Replies Created

Page 114 of 233
  • I can’t speak a lot about this….

    but it has been noted that although from a GOP structure Prores is a nice codec to work with….

    PPro is a 64 bit application….Quicktime is essentially still a 32 application….so while Premiere can read/write Quicktime….you may be adding an unnecessary bottleneck by using Prores and forcing Premiere to deal with that 32 bit addressing for that particular media.

    I hope some others can chime in to give you more definitive info.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    November 29, 2012 at 9:17 pm in reply to: Pr CS6 – Dynamic Link Speed Change Issue

    I think that since AE doesn’t really have a SUB CLIP function…

    speed changing a virtual/virtual pointer is likely the culprit.

    As helpful as subclips are….I’ve found that just marking up the master clips may be a slightly better solution in most cases…

    with the improvements to source side markers in CS6, it should be a lot less painful…

    glad you are on a good road….

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    November 28, 2012 at 8:55 pm in reply to: Pr CS6 – Dynamic Link Speed Change Issue

    What about Speed changes W/O subclipping?

    Alex

  • glad to help 🙂

    Alex Udell
    Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

  • Alex Udell

    November 28, 2012 at 4:52 pm in reply to: No Multicam Audio Playback in Source Panel (CS6)

    Hey Mike…

    Assuming your not introducing some other secondary source into your multicam edit…

    1) you’d almost never do an insert edit….then you’d lose sync, right?

    2) as opposed to doing a traditional overwrite…if you simply go to the multicam-destination (edit) timeline….you can razor edit where you want to make the change…then right click the clip on the timeline and select a different camera from the context menu or park at the head of the edit in the timeline and switch the camera in the multicam viewer….(as I recall…I’m a lil rusty)…

    sumthin’ like that anyway….

    Alex Udell
    Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

  • Alex Udell

    November 27, 2012 at 4:43 pm in reply to: Creative cloud Vs Production Premium

    I have an annual subscription on my Xmas list.

    Honestly, I need the tools and I can’t really afford the out of pocket all at once for box set.

    I like, that I can be current, that there a few extras exclusive to the cloud and the potential to community and collaboration it offers.

    So this model makes sense to me…at least right now.

    🙂

    Alex

  • Hey Tom…

    not to harp on discussion of the past…

    but would my “Set Proxy” AE workflow help at all?

    Even if you lose the render in PPro…it would be nothing to regenerate again at that point.

    Again…I’m not suggesting you should HAVE to work this way….I’m just offering it as an option so you can recover more quickly in front of your clients…

    Alex Udell
    Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

  • Alex Udell

    November 20, 2012 at 2:22 pm in reply to: Multicam with button offs

    You’ll just end up with one track in the muti-cam source seq with a gap in it and you’ll need to re sync the remaining material for that cam on that same track…

    probably a razor tool and shifting it down the timeline will suffice…

    Alex Udell
    Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

  • Alex Udell

    November 20, 2012 at 2:19 pm in reply to: Setting a motion position for an entire track

    Hey…

    you could always select the elements on the track and nest them.

    then you’d only have to make one adjustment for the entire track.

    Alex

  • Alex Udell

    November 17, 2012 at 12:14 pm in reply to: ingesting from an AVCHD card?

    Hi…

    Similar to log log and Transfer inside FCP,

    Adobe offers Prelude as an external app to facilitate this.

    Take a look at this as a springboard:

    https://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-pro-cs6/what-is-prelude/

    and this:

    https://tv.adobe.com/watch/creative-week-evangelist-demos/cs6-video-tour-evangelist-demo/

    hope that helps…

    Alex Udell
    Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Page 114 of 233

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy