Forum Replies Created

Page 172 of 242
  • Aindreas Gallagher

    January 20, 2012 at 12:56 am in reply to: Randy Ubillos’ Antartica Video

    I should add, bar the ludicrous ranting –

    I am not in any sense referring to Randy Ubillos the individual, I am only referring to Randy Ubillos the Hal9000 progenitor of FCPX, and in that fashion alone.

    The man himself is palpably a dude who bashes out to antarctica and merrily throws himself into water penguins might well be scared of.

    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    January 19, 2012 at 1:51 am in reply to: Randy Ubillos’ Antartica Video

    the essential apple statement is taste: that they are their own weather vane?
    Jobs said it for years – we make the stuff we would want to use.
    ipod, iphone, ipad – god knows that was thunder and lightning.

    but as an insular credo applied to the complexities of professional craft? it is a mess.

    Colour coded Roles? Really? What?

    Why stop there? Ye have only begun to remake editing in your own vision.
    what’s next? Spines? Red light GUI T-junctions for non-intersecting vertically connected edits?

    Apple have only begun to re-make editing in their image.

    FCPX is not a professional application, simply because it came out of a very weird room with five guys in it who never edited – and it is loaded with ridiculous metaphors that have no broader context or meaning.

    And its colour corrector is square.

    FCPX is a dead, internal, Apple vanity project.

    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    January 10, 2012 at 11:59 pm in reply to: Is Apple About to Lose Turner Studios?

    I was not here. Until I actually shagging learn Avid – and gentlepeople – this is free and rather good –

    https://www.promax.com/s-130-edit-to-the-future.aspx

    Until I do that and, say, properly take in FCPX, I am bidden by God to shut up –

    Still… one thing, and Bill I am begging you on this.

    Stop, please jesus I beg you, stop saying simple as that.

    your overall judicial end quote is, I realise, your own mount rushmore.
    but you actually do need to stop saying ‘simple as that.’

    that genuinely has to happen.

    I am willing to take this as far as the UN.

    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    January 8, 2012 at 10:36 pm in reply to: OT New Yorker feature on YouTube’s plans

    true and all, thought it was notable that the best charlie sheen bit in that crazy time was his skit for funny or die.

    https://www.funnyordie.com/videos/bfb12aea47/charlie-sheen-s-winning-recipes

    its hard to argue with him threatening his kitchen knife with his pocket knife.

    still and all – funny or die do apparently edit on avid….

    https://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f1fb270652/whoosh

    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • I’d say that last post wasn’t a rant really – and if it was, it was largely marks. I’m curious – what do you say to his observations though?

    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • maybe a little bit – all you’re really saying there is that you can make an attached clip, I’m talking about editing into something other than the primary.

    mark morache says this better than I can – and I reckon he’s putting in at least as much effort into this as you are:

    I’ve tried putting audio as the primary storyline, then adding b-roll as a secondary storyline. It feels awkward to me. I really like using I and O on the timeline, and even if I have the secondary storyline selected, it still sets the region on the primary storyline.

    After I set my points, I can hit the Q key to make a new connected clip, the hit P and drag the connected clip into the secondary storyline. #awkward

    If I set my points THEN select the secondary storyline, my range disappears. The only way I can select a range in the secondary storyline is with the range tool and the mouse. #awkward

    the point I’m trying to make here is that it really is in a sense a single track editor. everything after that is a mess of poor metaphors and stupid workflow. I find it ludicrous. It feels cumbersome and stupid.

    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • you’re right – that is trolling, but sometimes when one says FCPX conventions out loud they really do sound tortured and ludicrous.

    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • that was really classy, some grinning guy in a baseball cap.

    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • honestly jeremy? that is just a mess of stupid weirdness that nobody will remember in three years. I cant operate consistently outside of the primary, I cant edit consistently outside of the primary, I can’t .. ara god, look it doesn’t matter.


    Just because the i and o is visually marked on the primary doesn’t mean the incoming media has to go on to the primary.

    It can go above/below as connected clips using the range you marked.

    You can also select a connected clip above the primary and edit with a browser based clip as well.

    nobody cares about all the weird stupid conventions jeremy – no wait, we do – it actually is fully stupid forgettable software.

    ech.

    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • oh steve.

    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Page 172 of 242

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy