Forum Replies Created

Page 158 of 242
  • aye, they do – its on the NAB autodesk page if you scroll down a bit – they’ve got the full monty with Cuaron and all.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 20, 2012 at 12:25 pm in reply to: Forum names

    well, indeed.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 19, 2012 at 11:30 pm in reply to: Forum names

    you do seem to have a taste for the weird jeremy….

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 19, 2012 at 10:53 pm in reply to: Forum names

    for my ranting part, I’m lately to blame with stuff like the “apple are hilarious” bits, but realistically – this simply isn’t a forum for FCPX users to discuss FCPX, this is a forum for interested parties to discuss whither FCPX.. or not. It really is specifically a debate forum. That is it’s reason for being. Its being discussed here, Leo Laporte spent a quarter of the NAB macbreak weekly discussing it with Jordan, cinematographers and Alex Lindsey: no one has exhausted the discussion because the matter isn’t settled yet. Probably won’t be for, god knows – a year say?

    As to FCPX techniques being neglected, they did say that that is the second most trafficked forum on the cow – someone tried to break down Apple’s numbers on it in the mystery hotel suite – there are anywhere between half a million and a million FCPX license holders.

    Apple’s sitting pretty, Premiere 6 is a champ, Avid is going for buttons.. so it goes no?

    as an aside, red wine and microwaves:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lUZ-e2SkeMI

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 19, 2012 at 9:54 pm in reply to: FCPX Broadcast Monitoring in action

    aye.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • really great talk, he makes a great breakdown and a pretty compelling case, but I think I still find smoke a little too esoteric for my adobe meat head. But at three grand I’d say you won’t find a facility anywhere that hasn’t picked up a copy just to have a seat for a smoke freelancer if they feel they need one on a gig.

    I drove a flint for about a year and a half in my first place – it was great, but I found it like being on the moon relative to the other stuff. that said, they worked really hard to make this more approachable. Doubtless loads will leap on it. Not to mention we all get to noodle with it for four months for free?

    diamonds falling everywhere these days.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 19, 2012 at 3:56 pm in reply to: Apple are hilarious

    [Chris Kenny] ” Leverage, etc.”

    there’s .. not a lot of etc. left after leverage. 😉

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 19, 2012 at 8:13 am in reply to: Apple are hilarious

    Wait, so if I understand you right, you’re saying it’s not reasonable to characterise Apple as Howard Hughes type guacamole eating NDA addicted moonies?

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 19, 2012 at 12:56 am in reply to: Apple are hilarious

    You misunderstand me. I re-read my thing. It’s not – not – that I’m even disputing the numbers say, slightly fuzzy though they may be. It’s the tone of the PR, and the fact that it emanated from the 42nd and 1/2 floor of an unnamed hotel, in a room somewhere in the vicinity of NAB. Did apple look down on the scurrying crowds? Did they quietly eat guacamole and discuss the meaning of a persistent in out point? Was Larry Jordan allowed to use the toilet? Did the toilet have an NDA?

    These would be my primary concerns. Not the granular specifics of their vague messaging, but the tenor of it, and the near howard hughes moonie like setting in which it occured.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 18, 2012 at 11:55 pm in reply to: Apple are hilarious

    that’s the part I don’t get – either Apple calculated that they could roll over professional practise with aggressive updates and massively cranking the reality distortion machine – or – they were happy to bifurcate editing methods in the medium term.

    As you say, I myself glommed onto FCP because I knew I was getting easy access to the real deal ladder. that kind of goes with ambition.

    Given that the paid industry of editing appears to be busily wrapping FCPX in concrete before depositing it in fresh water: that internal ambition argument for someone setting out to engage with editing – on the highly one off FCPX paradigm – it’s a bit shaky?
    Aren’t they going to be reading about what their adored films/docos were cut on? Isn’t that how this works?

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Page 158 of 242

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy