Forum Replies Created

Page 159 of 242
  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 18, 2012 at 11:36 pm in reply to: Apple are hilarious

    That’s mad.
    I presumed given the overall weight Apple bring with ProRes, thunderbolt and all, there would be grace vendor consideration for it?

    It almost sounds like Boycott.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 18, 2012 at 11:10 pm in reply to: Apple are hilarious

    Seriously? No FCPX demos?

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 18, 2012 at 11:09 pm in reply to: Apple are hilarious

    great, great link – it is so weirdly funny and strange to read another’s angst from over this end.

    quotes –

    “You caved to a bunch of whiney editors who are there to EDIT. Seriously, what sort of crappy production has a story teller do the VFX work too?
    ….I can’t even look at that hideous new interface you’ve dreamt up, HIDEOUS!
    ….And I’m not even going to start with this crazy new need to right click.
    ….Let us know what is happening with Flame urgently. Because this is a disaster.
    ….Smoke is changing, disruptive is certainly right.”

    annnd then one hilarious reply:

    “So this sounds like FCPX stuff. People going mad.”

    …and then that guy Frederic Warren just calmly walks the entire situation through in one post.

    God knows Apple don’t have a Frederic Warren, or anything like a forum to disseminate that class of thought and communication.

    On the other hand, they’re about to buy Europe with cash on hand. So.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 18, 2012 at 9:08 pm in reply to: Apple are hilarious

    for sure. Chris Kenny put it pretty well up there:

    When you say nobody is using FCP X, I think you’re operating under the unspoken assumption that feature film and broadcast TV editing dominate the pro video editing market. They don’t in any numerical sense. Apple understands this. Instead of waiting until they had a feature set suitable for demanding high-end customers, Apple shipped when FCP X had a feature set that made it to the much larger low-end market, and then turned its focus upmarket only after already having a product out there for more mainstream editors to buy. These numbers validate that decision.

    There’s a ring to that –

    but.. I just can’t resist having a rip at the way Apple choose to deal with the conversation arising out of their strategic shift, in terms of how they converse with the industry of editing as it stands now.

    I have a problem with their stance, and their weird, we’re quietly saying gnomic things in a hotel suite you can’t walk into carry on.
    that sort of carry on would irk anyone. This isn’t an unannounced iphone4. You’d think Apple need to shake off some of this behaviour for non-consumer markets. nothing bad will happen to them if they do.

    but that’s totally separate to the thought they put into this application, and what they believe its meant to do. Mark Raudonis did say with feeling at the editors lounge thing that Apple made *exactly* the application they intended to.

    at the minute I’m watching that autodesk stream of Alfonso Cuaron talking about Gravity – to hear him talking to the massive benefits of democratising the tools for narrative, you find you nod the head instinctively.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 18, 2012 at 7:53 pm in reply to: Apple are hilarious

    there’s been something in the back of my head about this… and I just got it.

    this is what comes to mind when you read that Apple PR: 😉

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSjK2Oqrgic&t=22s

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 18, 2012 at 7:43 pm in reply to: The Fog Thickens

    I just saw dynamic trimming for the first time in an online tutorial for avid there two months ago – I’ll admit, I did yelp a little.

    you pretty much immediately get how important a feature the dynamic trimming carry on is.
    I also now know to say “burger menu”.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 18, 2012 at 5:45 pm in reply to: Apple are hilarious

    10 typed pages for 1450 dollars.

    I’d like to read it though. Some of the numbers would be really interesting to know.

    another quote there:

    A technologically intensive, changing business model has made nonlinear editing a challenge to both manufacturers and producers, with improvements and re-branding by Apple leaving some seasoned editors profoundly disgusted.

    I’ll say. And ‘improvement’ is definitely subjective in this context.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 18, 2012 at 5:39 pm in reply to: Apple are hilarious

    besides which – I never mentioned thunderbolt anyway? I don’t get why that was the response to the link I posted.

    I was just taking the mickey out of their boilerplate PR.

    I think thunderbolt is great. I mean, I’m actually buying an iMac with thunderbolt. That’s my guy.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 18, 2012 at 5:03 pm in reply to: Apple are hilarious

    Yes, I’d very much like to see Apple flesh out the numbers they’re throwing around, not to mention what comprises a “new seat”.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    April 18, 2012 at 4:50 pm in reply to: Apple are hilarious

    to be fair there is actually a report – i just cut the sentence down for reading

    “a recent SCRI report on broadcast and post NLE purchases that suggests….”

    still – the tone of the PR is nevertheless mental. Apple have retreated to AppleLand here.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Page 159 of 242

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy