Aindreas Gallagher
Forum Replies Created
-
absolutely – don’t get me wrong –
i just killed, week before last, nearly a terabyte of a finite client facility storage: turning sony, panasonic 7D, 5D, and a ton of go-pro into HQ pro-res. It killed about an end day to night across my suite and a spare suite running overnight and it felt nuts. there was in total nearly 24 hours of SXSW for the client.
FCPX would have (sorrt of after optimising???) done the same, but still – I would have (more or less?) been in with the footage far sooner.
Mpeg streamclip batch list is a horse for the world though.
I also regularly thought about how I would have handled footage organisation in X as opposed to 7. the range based stuff came into my head very often.
bottom line though – given the scarifying instability, locked single GUI, and distant mountain Apple, even if you grew to feel differently, there’s just no way in hell any place you go to is likely to put their back behind X?
Given the scale of what adobe laid down with ver.6, and how bizarrely open they are, and then the AMD/open Cl stuff – I reckon maybe its nearly settled?
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
[John Godwin] “several simple workarounds to export a clip “
that’s a crazy sentence though.
the fact that Apple haven’t addressed the utter simplicity of exporting an in to out section of a timeline, after a year, is weirdly interesting.
It’s so fundamental a requirement, that it nearly makes one believe that they actually are trying to graciously, passively exit the industry of editing.
they have guaranteed a viewer and two format wrappers for the next twelve months.
Honest to God- I could be totally wrong, but I half think Apple are gone.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
I adore the series.
the fact that he is an utter geek who can reference nuke and shake.. I throw my hands up.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
hey- I’m a moron on NAB – I’m about here, twit and fresh DV for the BM cinema cam – is there a place to get demo live stream type stuff?
[edit] ok there’s here – https://new.livestream.com/teradek
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
April 17, 2012 at 9:48 pm in reply to: Opitical Thunderbolt cables. On a Thinkpad.hell no. that was fun, and rather informative. I know a quite a lot more than I did eleven posts ago.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
first time I ever heard of bob crosby and all…
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
April 17, 2012 at 9:33 pm in reply to: Opitical Thunderbolt cables. On a Thinkpad.flashes of thunder at mountaintop – large numbers hurled in the clouds…
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
very cool, you actual proper editor you..
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
well, that blows my guff out of the water, although I meant it – I do feel cramped up there in the event, pecking away at keywords and looking at the lozenges, but its obvious that that really is just me. I likes a big second monitor of bins with the bin contents spatially arranged to my taste. I think I’m an editing slob.
what’s the movie?
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Absolutely. It’s great that that’s happening. Although I bet even the radical media guy gets a shiver off the roller coaster story if he reads it. That’s Blair witch for editors.. 😉
Seriously you’re right though- it’s great X is getting a shot in a facility.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics