Aindreas Gallagher
Forum Replies Created
-
I know – its crazy isn’t it? You get some people, I’m not even saying Carsten per se, coming on saying that this thing is the bright new dawn of a brave new age and so then, I’m like, you know –
“dude – the waveforms? did you notice the waveforms? because they are a horrible, horrible joke.”
and then they just like, stare at me without blinking, and then they go – “you don’t get it. luddite.”
the waveforms, in an actual video audio editor. And they are just the worst horrible mess of a thing. I get depressed looking at them. zooming into those weird jagged vector simplifications of the underlying waveform.
I mean, how advanced are you going to get with that jumble of jagged crud down the bottom of the audio clip?
i swear, sometimes – the reality distortion field around the application – strrronng it is.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
don’t you miss proper waveforms at all in FCPX? I detest those small, vector style interpretations of the waveform data. I find it like, you know – a mockery of a waveform in order to make something neat and pretty down at the bottom of the clip lozenge. It feels like form – single unit container, over function – usable centre point waveform?
And its no better in the inspector or when you break it out – its always just that stupid jumble of vector jags at the bottom of the audio lozenge.
Its a ludicrous step back from the usability in 7.https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
I do this a lot to clean up scratch VOs – you’re killing a pop there aren’t you? that setup – me knows well.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
May 4, 2012 at 12:54 pm in reply to: Interesting – NOW Apple wants our opinion on FCPI’ll have c) with extra d)
I want to hear a high pitched whine as clip starts to suck magnetically together the closer I bring them – maybe a metallic **CLANG** every time they snap together.
Also I think we should really have a tiny shower of sparks effect when you pull two clips apart?
oh baby, mmm. I’m getting a little excited – Apple need to rock this right up to the next level.
thinking about it – the filmstrips could animate like a flipbook you know?
annnnd the colourboard could cycle through the hue wheel – give a kind of soothing colour glow up in the top right there.
the only other thing is that the video lozenges need that fake glass effect you get on app icons in iOS?
I’m actually kind of surprised they missed out on that one.Finally, and I think we all know this one is coming – when the render ends – you get the iOS message received audio trill.
BOOM. JOB DONE. 22ND CENTURY SOFTWARE – IN YOUR TREMBLING HANDS.
😉
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
May 4, 2012 at 11:11 am in reply to: Thank you Apple – and don’t change course. Pleasehttps://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2135/12119137/22241745/368720116.jpg
seriously – he just snaffled the equivalent of a pastrami reuben and a slice of cake.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
concur.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
cheers dude. boon to see new peeps popping in.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
I see – perhaps everyone should put down the whiskey glasses and the strange smelling cigarettes. Or, well, maybe not really.
Carry on.https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
wait now -what’s going on?
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
May 3, 2012 at 2:03 pm in reply to: Thank you Apple – and don’t change course. PleaseAgreed. Some of the language was maybe a little hyperbolic (but seriously who am I to talk), nevertheless Scott’s post there was a pretty ringingly sound, forceful argument, and a personally satisfying read for the likes of meself. To my mind, it cut clean through a lot of stuff that gets bounced around here.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics